Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steyr AUG's coming in January

Feedback Score
    I'm confused...You think marketplace options suck or you just think it sucks that some guns cost more than you are willing to pay?
    I hate how all the new stuff is so expensive. And it's not the price alone that's the biggest issue. It's the price in addition to overpriced mags, whether or not parts are readily available, etc.

$1,500 I can live with if the weapon is what I'm looking for whether it's a serious gun or a toy for the range. When you figure in accessories and such, the price can get quite staggering, to the point where it's no longer worth it seeing how you may be able to get 2 other rifles you've always wanted, accessories and what not all for the same price.

Long term costs is what had made me decided on standardizing on ammo and magazines.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nothing is "overpriced" in a free market. Price is an arbitrary construct which changes in relation to supply and demand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    OK, now we will have three AUG rifles in the market. Two of which use expensive proprietary mags, and one of which uses ar15 mags but is more than 2 grand so you're not really saving any money.

I guess that's just how it goes. Otherwise we would just be buying up AK's. I still think the situation sucks though.
    Actually, there is only one AUG and then there are two guns that look like the AUG

And 30 rounds AUG mags are $30, which I personally dont regard as expensive. I pay more than that for pistol mags. Personally I'm glad Steyr stayed true to the design and didnt mangle the whole project by making it more AR15 like.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 12-04-08 at 11:06.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Nothing is "overpriced" in a free market. Price is an arbitrary construct which changes in relation to supply and demand.

Would you prefer pricing inefficiency? We don't have a free market in the truest sense. The price of evil black rifles are being driven by pressures external to the market. Take away the threat of an AWB at any point in the future and see what happens to the price then. In this case the demand has been artificially stimulated causing prices to rise above a rational market.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Would you prefer pricing inefficiency? We don't have a free market in the truest sense. The price of evil black rifles are being driven by pressures external to the market. Take away the threat of an AWB at any point in the future and see what happens to the price then. In this case the demand has been artificially stimulated causing prices to rise above a rational market.
    Prices are stimulated by threats both real and imagined. If a hurricane is closing in on Florida the local price of portable generators goes up. The prices of portable generators also went up with the Y2K scare.

That's just the way it is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Add me to the list of people that would rather own 2 AR's for the same money

I really do not need another weapon to buy mags of

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Put me on list for 2, I'll have 9 AR's soon, getting bored
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Dave L., since these are actual AUGs then they will be capable of accepting a left handed bolt face. So you should be good in that aspect. The NATO stocks for the AUG rifles were made to accept AR15, however they stocks are only right hand friendly.

The triggers to me are a moot point. The triggers are safe and they work fine IMHO. Until bullpup weapons try to incorporate a "leverage style" trigger like those found on pistols then the trigger pull will be more stiff than a two-stage, AR15 type trigger.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    YOU GOT THAT RIGHT .QUOTE=The_Katar;262618]If they can make one with a trigger that doesn't suck and at some type of reasonable price point then I would be interested.[/QUOTE]
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I was going to get a SCAR, but then the ACR came out.

I was going to get an ACR, then they told us to get lost.

I was going to get a SCAR again because FN is willing to sell them to us, but then found out it's a bit more than I want to spend.

If this thing is available on time and under $1,700 street price, I will buy one. If not, I'll continue with my AR plans.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast