Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Breonna Taylor Shooting, New Details...The Media etc Really IS Trying to Start a War

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Wife apparently called the cops reporting that her husband shot her. Husband was trying to pull away from cops at the door, he lost the tug contest. My guess is the $250k settlement was less cost than defending in court, but I don't see anything that was worth a dime. yawn...
    Plaintiffs settle for 250K to save on court costs. Cities settle for 250K because they know they're going to lose more than that at trial.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Institutions and services supervising people with dementia typically don't put a 24/7 guard on their charges. Along with that, there are plenty of phones around for them to grab as they wander around the hallways so that doesn't eliminate the scenario of the cops using excessive force either.

And once again, the cops chose to use excessive force after the "non-compliant subject" opened the door for them that they couldn't get open on their own despite numerous attempts.
    I can tell you my personal experience with a friend of the family. What you are describing was not the case. No phones allowed in the room. Landlines outside of rooms were staffed 24/7. Delusional people wandering around making 911 calls to report shootings or that their child is drowning in the bathtub from 50 years earlier... no facility can reasonably operate under such conditions. Prior to securing a facility, a live-in couple supervised 24/7. Among the concerns for those living with spouses suffering mental illness is personal safety. It's serious business.

Simply because a person opens a door does not give them a pass to resist, nor does it mean they aren't a safety risk to the officers pursuant to a shooting call... even if wearing a robe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can tell you my personal experience with a friend of the family. What you are describing was not the case. No phones allowed in the room. Landlines outside of rooms were staffed 24/7. Delusional people wandering around making 911 calls to report shootings or that their child is drowning in the bathtub from 50 years earlier... no facility can reasonably operate under such conditions. Prior to securing a facility, a live-in couple supervised 24/7. Among the concerns for those living with spouses suffering mental illness is personal safety. It's serious business.

Simply because a person opens a door does not give them a pass to resist, nor does it mean they aren't a safety risk to the officers pursuant to a shooting call... even if wearing a robe.
    Other rooms no doubt have phones, no nursing facility is handcuffing an employee to the phone, and residents wander away from such facilities on a fairly frequent basis.

The officers who were so scared they threw him instead of maintaining control of him? Good luck with that fear claim.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by qsy View Post
    Plaintiffs settle for 250K to save on court costs. Cities settle for 250K because they know they're going to lose more than that at trial.
    Plaintiffs settle at $250K because they know they'd likely not get more for this case.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure where the $250k settlement indicates it was all above board.

$300k settlement in federal court with recognition the officer committed a rights violation.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Seems plausible the failure to open the door and resulting bruised egos brought about the violent escalation/retaliation.
    Absolutely agree 100%.

Thanks. I hope I never do. However, if a family member living under my roof swatted me, I'd hold them responsible, not the cops. If the family member was incompetent and not responsible for their actions, then I would be responsible.

I understand personal responsibility isn't en vogue today but I hold it in high regard. Blaming cops for the actions of others... not so much.
    You'd do anything to excuse the cops and blame it on the victim, that much is apparent. I guess you think we should be happy that they didn't shoot him the second he opened the door for them? You know, the ordinary residential door that they couldn't force open themselves? I guess he's lucky he isn't black, or they'd have blasted him like this guy. SMH

https://apnews.com/article/police-sh...89edf2a4f1a83d
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314