Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noveske Barrels and .22 Conversion kit

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    On a side note I have been running my Spikes kit with nary a malfunction. At first it did not like my golden bullets. Then I switched to federals and it runs almost 100%. I'm pleased. If I do have a malfunction it just gives me an opportunity to transition.
    Same experience with my CMMG kit. The only trouble I had was with Remington Goldens, which it hated. After I switched to Federal #750 I have not had one malfunction except for 1 FTFire even with multiple stricks in different weapons so it was a dud 22, not the kit.

Edited to add: At last count I have run 2,300 Federals thru the kit with no problems, except that 1 FTFire, which wasn't the kits fault. But just think about the ammo - $13.50 bulk pack Federals and only one dud in 2,300! I was getting 3 to 5 duds per hunderd with the Remington Goldens.
    Last edited by austinN4; 03-12-09 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Hmmm... there are a lot of guys in the pistol caliber forum going through brick after brick of .22lr with no hiccups.

Certainly it's not that 100% of conversions run 100% of the time, but I think 80% a low-ball guesstimate.

Bimmer
    I'm sure there are. I'll stick with 80% But then again arguing on the internet is................... well, just that.

Until that day,
    Darkop

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I 'm running a Noveske SS barrel Afghan. Anyone run 22lr out of this set up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone who would pump 22lr down a Noveske barrel should have it taken away and be issued an OLYMPIC ARMS!
    I know that you're just goofing off here, but...

Even worse than pumping .22 down a Noveske barrel would be to let a Noveske become a the safe queen because somebody (justifiably) doesn't want to burn through 5.56 at 40¢ a round.

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Word up to what Bimmer said.. THATS the guy who needs his Noveske taken away from him (the dude that lets it become a safe queen).

i haven't done the 22 conversion thing YET (fully intend to), but i've heard from homies and read places where people have had to do some modifications to their kits to get them to run closer to 100%. seems like malfunction-causing burrs are very common with extractors and firing pins and such.. the jist i get is that you should completely strip a new kit and hone off all burrs, and check for firing pin movement- if it hangs up, do what it takes to get it to piston freely.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My CMMG runs has been running 100% with no mods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone who would pump 22lr down a Noveske barrel should have it taken away and be issued an OLYMPIC ARMS!
    I'd put my Ciener in one of those $4500 HK uppers people try to sell, if it'd fit, and never look back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12