Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of accuracy to expect from the "FBI Load" 5.56 TBBC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for posting @Molon I thought I had seen all of your tests but not those.

As I mentioned earlier, I picked up the 64 TBBC on clearance and am going to use them for close work. Over the weekend, I loaded some 62 Gold Dots. If they are anything like the 75s, I expect them to shoot well.

I have never tried the Nosler 64 BSB but I do have some Winchester 64 PSP. Has anyone tried testing them for accuracy? DocGKR said that they have a good track record for stopping threats.

Feedback Score
    Loaded some Win 64gr power point some years ago with 335. No chrono. Best I remember, <1.5 at 100 in a poverty pony. Killed 3 whitetail with em but can't describe performance other than neck shots kill.....

Feedback Score
    From looking at them the TBBC bullets are kind of "sloppy" from an aerodynamic POV as compared to, say, a 62gr Fusion or 64gr Gold Dot. The TBBC has the lead kind of "splat" in there; the Gold Dot and Fusion are more "trimmed" and streamlined for flight. Of course that big-ass soft-point on the TBBC is probably why it has it's reputation for terminal ballistics.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123