Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
I agree with both sentiments above.

However, as a Georgian and a steward of wildlife, I feel it’s my responsibility to spread the word about this invasive species, regardless of whose fault it is.

Everyone will understand that this fish can literally wipe out a beloved native species. Please share with as many as possible.
They are considered invasive and every state's DNR's want them killed BUT they were found in the Potomac river in the early 2000. People freaked out as the Potomac was one of the best bass rivers on the east coast, and arguably still is. The snakeheads did not destroy the river like feared.

Unfortunately invasive species are a fact of life, snakeheads, asian carp, pythons, island apple snails, cuban frogs, tegu's in FL. Our kids will grow up with this and not know any different. Smallmouth bass are technically invasive to VA but are now managed by VDGIF and are considered a game fish; they have been there for over a hundred years.

My point is we are not going to eradicate all this, but nature is remarkably adaptable. The snakehead is a very good fish to eat, so catch em and eat em!