Thread: First Impressions: Colt AR6951 9mm Carbine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    A buddy and I stumbled on to a pair of them at a local shop, and each got one...this is a dozen years ago, and ours have A1 sights and a carry handle. I had mine SBR'd, which makes more sense for a pistol caliber...it's really handy.
    I've put a Geissele SSA in mine, which has given exactly zero problems in a fair amount of shooting. There are some questions about this installation (Geissele is noncommittal about it), but it does make a much improved trigger.
    If you like irons, the XS 'skunk stripe' front and same plane rear make sense.
    Uni', really nice writeup; you got on board the Colt train at the right moment.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have to modify something in my review above.

Latest range trip, I shot some more Federal 147 grain FMJ flat point. They worked 100% before, but this time, there was one ejection failure. These 147s are noticeably softer-shooting in my pistol, and also in the 6951. Apparently they are not quite powerful enough to reliably operate the blowback action. I switched back to Q4318 NATO. Recoil was snappier and no further problems were experienced.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post

Latest range trip, I shot some more Federal 147 grain FMJ flat point. They worked 100% before, but this time, there was one ejection failure. These 147s are noticeably softer-shooting in my pistol, and also in the 6951. Apparently they are not quite powerful enough to reliably operate the blowback action. I switched back to Q4318 NATO. Recoil was snappier and no further problems were experienced.
    We used to run the Federal 9BPLE in our subguns and they are hot enough to ensure proper function in the MP5s. This was several years ago and yes, I know ammunition design has come a long way since but maybe something to try out.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The heavy subsonics that are so great in pistols seem totally wrong in blow back sub guns where the lighter hotter loads cycle best.

The possible exception being a <5" barrel dedicated suppressed setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62