Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    nevermind.
    Last edited by nowayout; 06-07-11 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Here's the beginning of my war belt. I had a gift cert for BCM, so I used it to get a BFG padded belt kit.

The Specter mag pouch was also a gift, and I like it quite a bit. It holds the mags close and the covers tuck inside the pouches.

I'm just assembling this now, so I haven't worn it to the range yet. I've positioned the things I'd like to add on the belt, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about attaching them. I'd like to bolt my RCH 1911 holster on there somehow, but I can't figure out what attachment I need, or even if one is available. I'd like to avoid the drop leg route if possible.

I'm considering the Specter Universal mag pouch for the pistol reloads. Does anyone have an opinion on it?

I got the G-Code holster in. I have it attached at roughly the 4 o' clock position. It seems to stay clear of my elbows wile allowing me to access it smoothly.

My only issue is that I have no room for pistol reloads now, unless I put them forward of the 1911. I may have to get a smaller primary mag pouch, or one with pistol pouches on the outside of the primaries.

On a side note, I found that the MS2 sling forward attachment will inadvertently depress the QD button on the sling mount, disengaging it from the gun. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm in the market for a new sling anyhow, since the MS2 seems too thin and lacks padding.

Last edited by 1911-A1; 06-10-11 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Here's the beginning of my war belt. I had a gift cert for BCM, so I used it to get a BFG padded belt kit.

The Specter mag pouch was also a gift, and I like it quite a bit. It holds the mags close and the covers tuck inside the pouches.

I'm just assembling this now, so I haven't worn it to the range yet. I've positioned the things I'd like to add on the belt, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about attaching them. I'd like to bolt my RCH 1911 holster on there somehow, but I can't figure out what attachment I need, or even if one is available. I'd like to avoid the drop leg route if possible.

I'm considering the Specter Universal mag pouch for the pistol reloads. Does anyone have an opinion on it?

If you are still looking for a good way to mount the Raven you could always look into Bawidamann PUPs...

http://www.bawidamann.com/store/store.html
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you having issues with the soc-c belt "sagging" near the front from the weight of your mag pouches?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I know I did. Prior, my pistol mags would flop about in the most annoying way.

One solution I know another did was to take hook-side Velcro and have the local mama-san sew it on the back of the part of the belt that mounts the PALS, hooks inward so that it engaged with the loop Velcro on the outside of their duty belt. Works good.

I went KISS and used some shock-cord to make "keepers." Problem solved.

Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got the G-Code holster in. I have it attached at roughly the 4 o' clock position. It seems to stay clear of my elbows wile allowing me to access it smoothly.

My only issue is that I have no room for pistol reloads now, unless I put them forward of the 1911. I may have to get a smaller primary mag pouch, or one with pistol pouches on the outside of the primaries.

On a side note, I found that the MS2 sling forward attachment will inadvertently depress the QD button on the sling mount, disengaging it from the gun. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm in the market for a new sling anyhow, since the MS2 seems too thin and lacks padding.

not a criticism, just a personal preference... but I find three AR mags to be too many for a belt.

I started with a two mag shingle type on my belt but traded that to a couple Fastmags. now I'm thinking of backing it down to just one but maybe not, it costs me nothing to keep an empty Fastmag on the belt...

if I'm training I rarely need more than what's in the gun and a reload. if I do, anything more than that will go on second line.

and if zombies really do attack, I'll have a pack for more ammo, food, etc...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Just an update on my US Grunt Gear order.

On March 29th (evening hours) I ordered the USGG infidel war belt, the USGG contractor belt and 3 of the G-Code holster quick connect systems. The next day on March 30th I received an email stating that my order would take 6-8 weeks due to a large volume of orders. The USGG website now reflects the wait time but did not at the time of my order. I did not cancel however and decided to wait. The G-Code items shipped quickly and I received the order in less than 1 week.

At the start of week 6 I shot off an email to USGG to confirm that I am on week 6 and if the order would be filled at least by week 8. I got a quick response and related that my belt was being made the next week (week 7) and would be shipped shortly thereafter. The order shipped on the last day of week 7 and I received the order at the beginning of week 8. I just haven't gotten to the items until now.

I do a lot of T&E of weapons, gear etc for my employer but most items are provided as freebies so I don't normally do reviews. However I paid for all of these items so I thought I would review them as I get a lot of questions about my various set ups. I was wanting to look at this set up as possible replacement items of my units old belt systems. However I am not sure how long I would have to wait or if USGG could do an order of 65 or so belts at one time but that would have to be determined at a later time if it went that route.

Of course my initial thoughts are via video and I intend on updating and giving a better review after running the items hard. The below video is my initial impressions and what I intend to do with the items.

[UR L="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqb dYxgrgYc&feature=channel_video_title"][COLOR ="Red"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbdYxgrg Yc&feature=channel_video_title[/COLOR][/URL]

[IMG ]http://i225.pho tobucket.com/albums/dd60/SSDSurf/Tactical/USGG01.jpg[/IMG]

[IM G]http://i225.p hotobucket.com/albums/dd60/SSDSurf/Tactical/USGG02.jpg[/IMG]
    Good review, catches all the highlights.

I am getting some stuff in the mail, hopefully tomorrow, to "finish" my belt. Looking at a USGG Infidel, 3 double decker HSGI Taco's, one USGG pistol pouch, Emdom MM dump pouch, and one of my holsters. Pics of course will follow.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Good review, catches all the highlights.

I am getting some stuff in the mail, hopefully tomorrow, to "finish" my belt. Looking at a USGG Infidel, 3 double decker HSGI Taco's, one USGG pistol pouch, Emdom MM dump pouch, and one of my holsters. Pics of course will follow.
    Sounds like a good setup. If I may offer one bit of advice....

I find the pistol/carbine pouches to be less than ideal for carbine speed-loads. The pistol magazine tends to get in the way (I beer can). So I've gone to a single pistol, single carbine, and a combo (front to rear, support side). Of course, I have limited room at the waist as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Sounds like a good setup. If I may offer one bit of advice....

I find the pistol/carbine pouches to be less than ideal for carbine speed-loads. The pistol magazine tends to get in the way (I beer can). So I've gone to a single pistol, single carbine, and a combo (front to rear, support side). Of course, I have limited room at the waist as well.
    I have only played with them a little bit on someone else's belt and I agree. I may link a kydex pistol and kydex carbine pouch together followed by 2 Taco's instead. I have a class this weekend and a box of stuff so we shall see.

I am also using zip ties to hold my holster on again, likely the best method I have found so far. I also might toss a multi tool in front of the holster at some point. I have yet to obtain a nice one and will have to research them a bit.

Last edited by orionz06; 07-06-11 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I also might toss a multi tool in front of the holster at some point. I have yet to obtain a nice one and will have to research them a bit.
    This is exactly what I do. I have a horizontal pouch that USGG made me that opens to the front. It was designed to hold a Wave, but it holds a MUT with the clip removed too, and I think the MUT is about the best on-body multitool I've used.

USGG may have kept the pattern if you tell him you want the same pouch. It attaches to the 1.75" webbing without needing MOLLE. He also makes a vertical MOLLE sleeve to which you could attach any pouch you want, but I wanted a direct-attachment.

Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast