Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Foxtrot View Post
    i cant get too excited about these damn belts.
    Don't worry, give it a couple of years and the pendulum will swing back the other way and "Rhodesian" rigs will be trendy again.

Feedback Score
    In a home defense situation I'd just stuff mags and a first aid kit in cargo pants I think. For training and major social disturbances I'm liking war belt and suspenders because to me it just distribute the load better. But then again, I just can't have that much stuff on the belt without causing issues. The most I see is 3~4 primary mags, 4 secondary mags, light, ifak, and storage pouch for other stuff. Adding a chest rig is an option I played with (TT 2 piece MAV, Eagle FB chest rig), but too many straps are bad.

Obviously I still need to play with gear setup a lot more

What I got so far is this setup (I'm still playing with the pouch setup)

The belt is a Blackwater IO belt I picked up for $20 back when everything was on sale.

The suspenders are HSGI, cut and mated to a Tactical Tailor X-Harness. (In retrospect I may want to go with a ATS H-Harness or OSOE H-Harness for lower profile) and allows a hydration pouch to be connected on the back.

Since the blackwater belt is not like the sleeves setup where one can access the inner belt, I chose to keep the pistol holster (either bladetech 1.5" drop or Safariland 6004 dropleg) connected to the pants belt still. There are ways to get around this of course.

The chest piece is a TT Mav BiB, connected to the X-Harness using 1.5" SR buckles. A strap around the body was made with 1" webbing and 1" repair SR buckles. It can be added and removed quite easily. It allows 3x8 rows of molle. One can use a TT MAP bib instead also. For even more real estate one can hook up a TT MAP or TT MAV. I would imaging other micro rigs on the market can be adapted also.
    Last edited by zchen; 10-12-09 at 21:04. Reason: spelling
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anyone have any experience with the 5.11/VTAC LBE belt? LA police gear has it on closeout for $8.72. I was looking at one at a local dealer and it looked fine but the price was around $30. Their mag pouches are on closeout also. I'm liking the idea of having a belt with all the stuff I need ready to go if I need it.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-lbe-belt.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...ag-bungee.html
    Last edited by 5pins; 10-06-09 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the 5.11/VTAC LBE belt? LA police gear has it on closeout for $8.72. I was looking at one at a local dealer and it looked fine but the price was around $30. Their mag pouches are on closeout also. I'm liking the idea of having a belt with all the stuff I need ready to go if I need it.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-lbe-belt.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...ag-bungee.html
    no experience with the belt, however I must warn you on those mag pouches. I bought one out of curiosity. The bungee cord is way too stiff and tight for 30 rd magazines (and even more so on pmags), and the pouch opening is also on the small side. That makes inserting and retrieving mags quite a chore to do; defeating the whole purpose of having open top mag pouches.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My wife's. The M4C influence... is hopefully evident.

عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know of any other retailers that stock ICE gear?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I understand why some LE/mil guys have knives on their belts, but why do some of the civilians have large knives on their belts?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I understand why some LE/mil guys have knives on their belts, but why do some of the civilians have large knives on their belts?
    Ive never really understood the need to carry a humongous fighting knife as a civi but if thats your cup of tea, so be it.

Alot of civis that actively train at classes like Pat Rogers etc that encourage the use of huge amounts of gear carry knives because they can be used to fix bolt over ride malfunctions. Its NOT recommended but in a pinch, you do what you have to do. Just hope you dont cut a finger off while fixing your malfunction.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    cuz that little compass stored in the hollow handle might come in handy if you lose your way going back home from the range.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think it depends on your potential application. If someone sees their belt as an actual "battle belt" then there may be a need, or as something they want to wear out & about hiking etc. and there is an argument to be made that if you're using the belt as a home-defense setup the knife may come in handy.

I don't keep one on my belt because the belt, for me, is a training setup. and I don't have anymore room.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast