Page 28 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Rob,
    I generally agree with your sentiment of wanting it to be as close to your carry rig as possible. But don't you carry a 1911 regularly?

Chris
    Not anymore. I'm on Glocks again now for a variety of reasons.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am probably skinnier then rob and have been experimenting with these types of belts too and I came to the exact same conclusion rob did in that I decided to split my pistol mags up. While not ideal if I'm already on my secondary and looking for a second mag then reaching back to find it seems minor in the grand scheme of things.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post

ICE V3 Adjustable Battle Belt (Eagle Duty Belt on the inside)
    Eagle Single FB 5.56 Pouches
    Eagle Double 9mm FB pouches
    Eagle 9mm Pouch (multitool)
    Raven Concealment Phantom LC (M&P Pro + X300)
    How much added comfort do these belts supply. I tried and eagle duty belt with 3 kydex pistol mag carriers and 2 kydex 5.56 mag carriers and it was quite uncomfortable .

do these padded warbelts really seem to lighten the load. They look cool but do they do the job. I don't see suspenders helping. If you have the belt tight enough to draw your weapon how would suspenders help. Maybe they would work for the times you unhook the belt to take a break-But otherwise what purpose to they serve,

Even though chest rigs seem to be more of a hassle. It just seems like a 2 piece mav with a harness would be faster to use and more comfort accommodating.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I tried the Eagle duty belt with pad previously. While I'm not one to broadly advocate the "war belt" solution, it's leaps and bounds better than the Eagle duty belt and pad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Eagle Double 9mm FB pouches
    Titleist,

What are the Part Numbers for the Eagle FB pouches for the 9mm/40S&W series M&P Pistols? I have sent numerous Emails to Eagle without a response.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    As Rob said, leaps and bounds. I carry 4 primary mags on my belt, so double what Rob does, and it never feels heavy on this rig, even when flat out booking it down range.

I don't see the reason for suspenders unless you're wearing a TON of gear on your first line. Frankly the belt is tapered at the top to basically fit over the natural shape of your hips. The ONLY issue I had was that the slight taper angled my RCS holster right in to my ribs. I had to slip some foam under the belt/holster, and use some shock cord on the lower gromits of the RCS to PULL the holster a tad more vertical. Works fine now.

My big thing is that unless I'm running plates (which I do on occasion) this is still an easier all season setup. Even with plates I can just throw on my PACA with plates in it, and a jacket over that.

Frank, as far as I know they only offer them in 9mm as a one size fits all.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/produ...7&cat=0&page=1

But you may have to call them. Mine fit my P226 and M&P mags just fine.

As I said before the trick is to use a hairdryer/heat gun to warm the kydex up till it's a flexible. Insert the magazine, let them cool. Do this a few times (works for the AR and pistol mag pouches) and you'll end up with a very firm fit but smooth in and out.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    How much added comfort do these belts supply. I tried and eagle duty belt with 3 kydex pistol mag carriers and 2 kydex 5.56 mag carriers and it was quite uncomfortable.

do these padded warbelts really seem to lighten the load. They look cool but do they do the job. I don't see suspenders helping. If you have the belt tight enough to draw your weapon how would suspenders help. Maybe they would work for the times you unhook the belt to take a break-But otherwise what purpose to they serve,

Even though chest rigs seem to be more of a hassle. It just seems like a 2 piece mav with a harness would be faster to use and more comfort accommodating.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey rob did RCS ever get back with you about making some belt loops for this purpose so we don't have to make our own?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    Hey rob did RCS ever get back with you about making some belt loops for this purpose so we don't have to make our own?
    I actually didn't ask since the oven worked so well!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    A heat gun and some basic hand eye co-ordination solved the molle mounting issue just fine.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Well, after a lot of reading and a few questions here and there. I finally made the plunge and made the following order.

1- ICE Adjustable Battle Belt (coyote brown)
    3 - Eagle Molle M9 Single Mag Pouch (FB) - Khaki
    3 - Eagle Molle M4 Single Mag Pouch (FB) - Khaki

1 - Blade-Tech holster for my P226 Blackwater Tactical w/ TLR2
    1 - Blade-Tech Molle-Lok

That's the main stuff, now I'm going to look for a dump pouch and a few other necessities to go on...

Will post pics as soon as it's all here!

Stoked!

Page 28 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast