Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I want the emergency mags as close as possible to the body.
    There's an old saying that if you talk too much, you tell on yourself. Your referenced statement informs me that you know exactly what you're doing.

To save room, I'd personally like to do a secondary mag stacked on primary mag setup, as shown in your last picture.

ETA: How secure are the open-topped mag pouches?
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 10-27-09 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The Eagle FB ones hold the mags tight enough that unless I was hanging by my feet being shook (you never know it could happen ) they'll still hold tight.

The key is firm hold but smooth draw.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    The Eagle FB ones hold the mags tight enough that unless I was hanging by my feet being shook (you never know it could happen ) they'll still hold tight.

The key is firm hold but smooth draw.
    I ask, because I have a FOBUS kydex holster supposedly designed for USP45 mags, that have about as much retention as a 55 gallon oil drum.

If I bend over to tie my shoe, the mags "spring into action".

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah I just put a mag in the pistol version and shook the shit out of it and it didn't move a mm.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    I ask, because I have a FOBUS kydex holster supposedly designed for USP45 mags, that have about as much retention as a 55 gallon oil drum.

If I bend over to tie my shoe, the mags "spring into action".
    Does your fobus holsters provide any tension adjustment?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This particular model does not. It's a dual-mag paddle holster, and it sucks. I just looked for it, but I'm thinking I may have thrown it in the can.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Even though they won't fit on molle rigs, I really like the comptac pouches.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Rob-
    Looking at your pics it seems to me that you have a lot of room still available to let the belt out to give you more PALS area toward the front. This will let you fit a FB double to the left of the buckle instead of having to split the mags accross your rifle mags.

Just a thought, and how I have mine setup when not in support of heavy armor.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    F2S I'm considering that. I'm also thinking that if I move the pouch at the rear, I can move the whole arrangement back one notch.

It is critical to me that I match my regular pistol carry setup as much as possible.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    F2S I'm considering that. I'm also thinking that if I move the pouch at the rear, I can move the whole arrangement back one notch.

It is critical to me that I match my regular pistol carry setup as much as possible.

Rob,
    I generally agree with your sentiment of wanting it to be as close to your carry rig as possible. But don't you carry a 1911 regularly?

Chris

Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast