Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Steve.

It's nice to see Triad Tactical participating on M4carbine. It’s always nice to have an Eagle Industries dealer around. Plus we have Mr. Lenett covering the Tactics & Training forum so Eagle is well represented.

I certainly need to place one of these pouches on order. I was waiting until the OD or Ranger Green 2x4's arrived.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    tried to order an mag shingle from Eggroll today...had trouble on jis webiste. anyone have contact info so i can attempt to get my order in..thx

BTW, ordered a ICE belt from hobie...it is supposed to be here this week.........

Feedback Score

2008 1st Line MOLLE Belt

TT Padded MOLLE belt with TT 3mag Pistol, KaBar, TT shingle, USGI Single mag, Rolypoly, USGI ammo pouch (for IFAK), 6004, HSGI pistol (Surefire G2), and USGI compass w MALICE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiday View Post
    tried to order an mag shingle from Eggroll today...had trouble on jis webiste. anyone have contact info so i can attempt to get my order in..thx

BTW, ordered a ICE belt from hobie...it is supposed to be here this week.........
    When did you order? I ordered his modular belt on Thursday, May 8th 2008. I have a carbine class in late June and it requires a modular belt. I was not aware of a "long wait" untill I was told of this post. Guess I should have researched more befor I purchased, Friend has one and loves it told me to order. Guess I should call and ask, I ordered online and my recept dose not show a contact phone number, back to the web site I go. Starting to get worried.

Robert

Feedback Score

FOR SALE: French army rifle, NEVER FIRED, dropped once...

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    -Adamesq

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    How many mags are you guys running on your first line rigs? Right now I'm running four pistol mags and one AR mag. So far, this seems about right for me. If I use a Redi-mag, this seems like more than enough for most classes. Plus the belt works great for the Blackwater Practical Shooters Steel Challenge matches that I attend whenever I can. All I have to do is switch out the 6004 for my Blade-Tech belt holster and I'm ready to go.

What kind of set-ups are you guys running?

My current set-up:

(1.) Two - Eagle (kydex lined) double 1911 mag pouches
    (2.) Eagle MLCS Single M4 FB mag pouch
    (3.) Eagle duty belt
    (4.) Eagle belt pad
    (5.) Eagle Duty Evidence Pouch
    (6.) Paraclete small GP pouch
    (7.) Safariland 6004 for 1911 w/X200
    How much bigger if any should the duty belt be when running the "belt pad"?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sorry I didn't see this before...just happened to catch it going back to look for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    How do you run with all that weight. Looks like a hugh amount to carry on a belt.\Just curious
    I wore it for 2 days at Magpul class a couple weeks ago, and didn't find it to be a problem. Prone, kneeling, supine, urban prone on either side, running, no problems. By the end of day two I was sore pretty much everywhere but my hips and lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    It's a lot easier on the back when the weight is carried on the waist versus on the chest/shoulders and is generally a more efficient reload motion.
    Definitely agree with this. On the reload motion note, one benefit I found was that if my go-to pouch was empty (more than one reload in the drill, shooting too much to stop and backfill) all I had to do was continue the same motion to get to the next available mag, not stop and try to figure out where on my chest to grab at a new one with a different grasping motion. It was also pretty smooth to backfill from the 10-spd pouch to the FB pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    Well I can understand 2 pistol and 2 rifle and the gun. But beyond that it seems like if you need more ammo you'd better have some form of larger carrier. It might be find just looks bulky. Maybe it's just the particular rig..
    I don't think it's as bulky as it might look in that picture. Laying it flat causes it to bunch up since it's built with a natural curve to it. I'm also a relatively small diameter guy so the amount of stuff on my belt looks more bunched up than some of the bigger-boned guys. The 10-speed pouch is very flat to the body, and the whole rig is pretty comfy. Personally I find stuff on my chest to be much more awkward and bulky. I like this allows me to get workable loadout onto my belt without needing to add a second item when i want more than 1 or 2 mags. Plus if I only put one mag in the FB pouch, the 10-speed is effectively no longer there, so there's no added bulk or weight for those "light" days
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    i cant get too excited about these damn belts. I can see where theyre kinda nice but... i wouldnt use one in place of a chest rig.

When i start putting this much crap around my waist i feel like it impedes my mobility.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Foxtrot View Post
    i cant get too excited about these damn belts. I can see where theyre kinda nice but... i wouldnt use one in place of a chest rig.

When i start putting this much crap around my waist i feel like it impedes my mobility.
    to me its the direct opposite. at first i was weary but then jumped. i now am always suprized you can carry what you do on your hips without percieved loss of mobility!

it all is in what you choose though. i love my setup and its very close to my midsection.
    here is a good picture of how close it actually rides...

Warrior Shoot Event Group Inc.
    "Abilities! Not Disabilities."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The appeal to me is to increase mobility, not impede it.

Since I'm not using a plate, I have a vest. I've used plate carriers in the past, since I like the MOLLE platform, and the lack of a zipper means more real-estate for kit.

I've used a BH Omega and a STRIKE plate carrier, I've also used the TT MAV.

Of the three, the MAV afforded the most mobility.

I want to get stuff off my core, so I have better shoulder rotation, fewer snag points in my workspace, and better load displacement.

Load carriage on the pelvis is the most efficient way to go.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast