Finger prints are not required for the renewal, not that they were required for the original license either. If you did finger prints for the original license, they were re-used for the renewal. I would say 10 minutes is on the long side since most of the information is prepopulated for you.

People are being approved in less than 30 days for renewals. I was the first person I know of to apply. I'm sure more applied before me, but I was the first person to report it ( https://www.gunrights4illinois.com/b...ense-renewals/ )

I applied on October 29th, the first day possible. My hidden status went to active exactly 29 days later. I went to Approved status on December 6th. I know a couple people who applied 28 days before December 6th and were approved on the same day as me.

That's sad really because I have a friend waiting 140 days for his original license now, and renewals are being approved in less than a month. I sent an email yesterday to the ISP about that trying to straighten things up for him.