Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build tools

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think I built my first complete lower with a cheap set of pins and crappy RRA stock wrench. The only extra you really need for the upper is the barrel wrench, and I started out using the POS GI version until I broke it trying to remove a goddamn LMT barrel that to this day I swear was installed with red locktite.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels
    I have not decided if I am going or not.
    As time goes on, it's getting less and less likely.
    There's always next year in Vegas...
    I'll be there then bro. In Jan I'm just lucky to go since it's in the same time zone as us and the flight is only about 2hrs so I get to go again, I'm going as both a employee of VA Arms and as 'Press' for M4Carbine.net. Next year is my normal turn to go. Vegas rocks.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Ok - necro-thread revive.....
    Long story short - Just did my first FSB taper pins remove and install job.
    Building an A2 rifle, had to change hand guard caps.
    With the Wheeler bench block and a bit of research on 'how to', job it was shockingly easy.

Proving the point that the correct tools for the job witht he right instruction make it easy if not at least do-able.

Would like to see if it is possible to sticky this thread, and add info since it been a while.
    Thanks.
    IG didn’t care for bench blocks for FSB removal, his method is described in the link below in post #7. I’ve used it multiple times and it works like a charm.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=taper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    IG didn’t care for bench blocks for FSB removal, his method is described in the link below in post #7. I’ve used it multiple times and it works like a charm.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=taper
    IG was right as usual. After he described his method I started doing it that way and it's worked great for me. Way better than the FSB bench blocks.

Reinstalling the pins in the below pictures, but the set up is the same for removal, just with the other side of the FSB facing up.

I've been using big brass rounds to get them started though, harder to damage anything with them.

Last edited by 556Cliff; 01-05-24 at 13:17.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12