Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Swapped optics around on my SBRs and went to the range to re-zero them.

Changed out all my batteries on lights, lasers and optics.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I built a Noveske lower. W/ goodies from KAC, DSG, Troy, Magpul & a sweet FDE Vltor eMod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I built a Noveske lower. W/ goodies from KAC, DSG, Troy, Magpul & a sweet FDE Vltor eMod.

I was actually heading out to pick up a stripped KAC lower today until I ran across the EO Tech stuff at a decent price finally. There goes my May monthly spending allotment!

I'm still in the research and planning phase anyways, KAC stripped lower is the only part I've decided to use for sure. And I'm leaning on having the completed rifle being a 300 BLK, haven't decide on 16" or SPR. I'm guessing I could turn in a form 1 for an SBR using the ser # off the KAC and then just use a low barrel length number like 8-9". I think I read if I do that I can always go longer just not shorter, I'm just not sure if I send it off as a 300 BLK SBR if it has to saty 300 BLK if that's what the stamp says?

Lots of research before I buy to much......
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    purchased a 4oz bottle of Slip 2000 EWL that BCM recommended to me after I smelled how good their bolt carrier groups smell when new.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    purchased a 4oz bottle of Slip 2000 EWL that BCM recommended to me after I smelled how good their bolt carrier groups smell when new.
    You should have splurged and grabbed the Slip 2000 ETL, then you could have lubed/degreased and killed all your carbon!

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm in the process of media blasting a Browning slide from a surplus Hi-Power I bought to play with. I just removed the Heinie Straight 8's from the side. The LOL is that I sent the slide to Don Williams at The ACtion Works to have him cut the dovetails and install them.
    Am I the only one that had to google all this to decipher what it means?

Sounds like a nice new toy! You know what we say about the rain in the Infantry...........
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    I was actually heading out to pick up a stripped KAC lower today until I ran across the EO Tech stuff at a decent price finally. There goes my May monthly spending allotment!

I'm still in the research and planning phase anyways, KAC stripped lower is the only part I've decided to use for sure. And I'm leaning on having the completed rifle being a 300 BLK, haven't decide on 16" or SPR. I'm guessing I could turn in a form 1 for an SBR using the ser # off the KAC and then just use a low barrel length number like 8-9". I think I read if I do that I can always go longer just not shorter, I'm just not sure if I send it off as a 300 BLK SBR if it has to saty 300 BLK if that's what the stamp says?

Lots of research before I buy to much......
    Research is one of the keys brother... but be careful of "analysis paralysis"... It got me on an optic once I barely made it out alive. Lol

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I added a Magpul rifle length MOE stock in black(Stag Arms special sale price $55 & change delivered). It was put on a PSA Magpul MOE pistol grip lower with a Geissele SSA-E fcg that is pinned on a 16 inch PSA stainless steel Freedom line 1/7 mid-length gas system mock dissipator barreled upper using a DD bcg Colt milspec ch mag release and bolt catch. A Magpul LR Pro-iron sight sits atop the top rail(I also have the detachable carry handle sight combo). Next will be a over sized ambi ch and or a thin & short ambi selector lever set.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    geissele charging handle. Must say...while I loved my BCM charging handle, this one takes the cake

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a a couple guns that lacked QD attachments for slings, so I ordered up a few varieties and am giving them a whirl. VTAC, BCM and Magpul. Putting triggers, slings lights ...on every gun can make one neurotic. But not having them.....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Installed Law Tactical folder on a "truck gun"- er, "pistol".

Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast