Thread: SiCo Tri Lug Adapter very loose

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I know this is an old thread but it is one that is very valid.

I had baffle strikes on my Obsidian 9 using a SilencerCo AC2447 (their Alpha 9mm tri-lug). Upon closer examination, it uses only 1 point of contact at the O-ring (imagine the Rugged design shown above but without the second point of contact). It allows the suppressor to laterally wobble enough for the alignment rod to contact the end cap and baffles.

The Rugged version is actually worse for me. I bought a new one because I wanted to find a replacement for the SiCo. The Rugged has 2 points of contact, but the O-Ring contact is sloppy and the second point of contact is super loose in the piston cage of the Obsidian 9. So when I check the lateral play/wobble of the Obsidian 9, its even worse than SiCo.

Here I have the latest Griffin tri-lug. It is super tight and uses 2 points of contact inside its own housing. It is a near interference fit. There is still some lateral play/wobble with the suppressor, but the alignment rod won't contact the end cap or baffle. The Griffin spring is also super heavy and requires a bit of muscle to engage/lock the suppressor in place. I don't feel this is a bad thing.

I contacted Rugged about their tri-lug slop and they claimed that when firing, the suppressor is pressed forward and not to worry about the wobble or lateral play when shooting.

Resilient has a Titanium Tri-Lug for Bravo Threads but they claim its designed for smaller lugged barrel adapters. My Hansohn Brothers uses a 0.29"-0.30" wide lug, and they said it wouldn't fit their tri-lug.

My Hansohn Brothers tri-lug adapter measures 0.590" at the muzzle, while the piston/insert IDs for:

SiCo: 0.5945"

Rugged: 0.593"

Griffin: 0.593"

At this point I would not recommend trying the SiCo or Rugged mounts and to just go with the Griffin.
    Attached Images Attached Images