Thread: Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think it is a shame to have Wilcox build something. If anything the name brings credibility to the offering. Some of the most serious organizations in this country turn to Wilcox when they need something in short order and nothing on the market will do what they need.

The rifle seems similar to a Sig 516 because some former Sig engineer have done work for Caracal.

Their does appear to be some interesting changes including rail height, attachment method, and the rail surrounds the gas block. There are only so many ways to get a piston on an ar15. They will all start to look somewhat like the next.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I mean about the more straight 30 rounder mag being cgi not a real existing product.

(Yeah I know thats the curve is necessary for reliability of the magazine function due to sublet tapering of the round.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    I mean about the more straight 30 rounder mag being cgi not a real existing product.

(Yeah I know thats the curve is necessary for reliability of the magazine function due to sublet tapering of the round.)
    Check out CAA and IMI magazines also
    Not straight, but noticeably less curve than other 30rds mags. Considering the Orlite was similar and I think all are Israeli I assume some sort of link between the 3.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    Check out CAA and IMI magazines also
    Not straight, but noticeably less curve than other 30rds mags. Considering the Orlite was similar and I think all are Israeli I assume some sort of link between the 3.
    I'm aware of them but wouldn't buy or trust them.

Feedback Score
    Off topic a bit, but I was watching the SHOT Show video by The Firearm Blog featuring their new, improved Caracal F handgun. The Caracal rep mentioned that the original intent was to have the polymer frames shipped in from the UAE. However, since the UAE is involved in the current Yemen Crisis they've restricted the export of military-related items. So Caracal USA is having to have the frames made here which has affected the handgun's release date.