Thread: Any reliability issues on a Glock with an attached light?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Any reliability issues on a Glock with an attached light?

(I'll apologize in advance; I know this has been discussed before, but over an hour of searching and I couldn't find the thread, so I thought I'd ask. I'd like to replace my Operator w/X300 with a G22 and the X300 for nightstand duty, and I want a bit more information than a post or two over at 'The Other' forum will get me. )

I have read some anecdotal-type stuff on a few other forums, claiming that the Glock 22 (and other models apparently?) don't like certain types of attached lights. The stories range from 'metal' lights (X200, TLR-1, etc) are the culprits, while still others said that any type of light can cause a failure, and yet others talking about magazines with a certain number of coils, combined with a light, are the true culprit.

And of course, there were posts stating there was/is no widespread issue of Glocks reliability being affected by attached lights.

So what is the skinny on this? Is this an issue at all? Model specific? (Referring to both the model of Glock and/or the model of the attached light.)

Edit to add: As of 9/26, I crossed the 1500 round mark with the G22 and an X300. My G22 is new manufacture, and the magazines are '8' marked. Ammo was mostly 180gr Wolf, with some RA40T mixed in. No malfuctions so far...
    Last edited by Bob; 09-26-08 at 04:39. Reason: Update.