Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks for the critique Stick! I probably should've revised my original post to accommodate for the series I made from that day, there isn't just ONE photo that was strong but altogether in a booklet I made it worked out. Again, handicaps with range safety aside: your suggestion of getting in close to the left of the German gunner's side would've worked well. I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. It's nice to reflect back on old work, figure out what worked and what didn't so we can apply it to the next "assignment."

I'm a huge photography nerd and study quite a lot of it. All are shot on film, Portra 400.

Here's another from the same day with the pattern of 3's again. My dislike with this is that I could've waited a little longer for the rounds to hit the backdrop and dust to kick up for a more lively photo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Thanks for the critique Stick! I probably should've revised my original post to accommodate for the series I made from that day, there isn't just ONE photo that was strong but altogether in a booklet I made it worked out. Again, handicaps with range safety aside: your suggestion of getting in close to the left of the German gunner's side would've worked well. I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. It's nice to reflect back on old work, figure out what worked and what didn't so we can apply it to the next "assignment."

I'm a huge photography nerd and study quite a lot of it. All are shot on film, Portra 400.

Here's another from the same day with the pattern of 3's again. My dislike with this is that I could've waited a little longer for the rounds to hit the backdrop and dust to kick up for a more lively photo.

This one works well, especially with the synchronized layout. Even with the constraints you were under, this still could be used as a firearm instructor poster, or for a military website.

If you had been able to take 2 or 3 steps to your left, the background would have been completely impact zone, and that would have made for perfection (IMHO).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB