Thread: Food Recommendations, Sources, and Long-Term Storage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Having a good supply of food is great, but don't forget about cooking it.

I have a good supply of propane for cooking in the summer months, and a wood burner in the workshop that I can cook on in the winter. If I had no power in the winter for an extender period I would probably end up living in the workshop too.

Gas for the chainsaw is a must

Don't forget that canned food would freeze solid if like me you live somewhere cold.

this would include having sufficient water. After what just happened here in TX, safe drinking water is critical.
    going through that event was perhaps to say a good test of my own situation. Everyone talks about "grid down" situations, did it for real this past feb. Guns & ammo for 'grid down'? thats far down on the list. Water, sanitation, are likely in the top 3 concerns. Ever taken a dump in a chem porta pottie when its minus 15 outside because the toilet is non-functional Try it sometime....
    Same for cooking, bottled water doesn't go very far when it comes to cooking.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Azurestandard is good for bulk purchases if they have meetups in your area. Much cheaper if you buy significant amounts.

countryliving if you don't mind paying a significant amount for shipping