Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post
They are still making taffy. Probably got some newer machines. It's a wonder I didn't pull a tooth out when I was little.

My Grandmother lived on what's called Ski Mtn Road. Yea the road went up to the ski lodge. I could walk out her door, cross the road heading east and in 100 yards I was in the G.S.M.N.P. A couple of times I got turned around for a few hours until I found my way out. Folks would have a fit today if a young kid wandered off like that.
Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
Townsend, TN is the last city on the right heading towards Cades Cove. Still fairly small and not crowded and I want to stay there some day for that reason.

Also, it is maybe an hour south of Maryville so if S&W has tours or a bargain hut that could be a future cool thing
Thanks for the info on the taffy machine..I saw a show about that specific one a long time ago...if it were to break they said they couldnt fix it or something like that.

Yes, Townsend is a cool place. Just get on out a little from the tourist stuff and to me its more enjoyable.
Thats so awesome about S&W moving there, too.
When I was trucking I used to know a lot of little backroads around there.