Thread: Saker K, BCM KMR-A, BCM 11.5" elw, 180 rounds of moderate fire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Saker K, BCM KMR-A, BCM 11.5" elw, 180 rounds of moderate fire

I've had this set up as a duty rifle for a few months and I'm probably getting close to 800 rounds. On range days we'll shoot but nothing that will really get the gun smoking.

This week we did some drills that went through 3 mags in maybe less than 10 minutes. The gun was oiled with Mobil 1 5-30 because it's what my truck uses. With PIG gloves the rail was getting warm but manageable. The right lens of my eye pro would have a bit of oil slung on it.

We finished the 3 mags and let the second group shoot the drill while we topped off the mags. Maybe 10 minutes later we run the same drill. By the end of it I could still hold the rail with gloves but it burned and I needed to slide the support hand closer in, away from the gas block. Rail covers are in my future.

And other than 5 rounds of duty ammo to confirm zero, those were all I put through the rifle and although I expected it to be dirty, I was surprised at how dry the bolt and carrier was appeared. Shooting suppressed in the past, it'd be dirty but still had oil on the rail and bolt and cam pin. The sucker looked dry. Now when I ran my finger over the carrier along the rail where I previously had a generous amount of oil, my finger would be black, so there's still some lube there. Working the charging handle it did feel normal.

Will I burn through 3 mags in an officer involved shooting? Possible but ridiculously unlikely. On a range day or class, this is definitely going to happen. I've been so used to just lubing the rifle before the range and being good to go for hundreds of rounds; I'm going to need to reapply much more frequently, depending on rate of fire.

Still happy with my setup and haven't had issues other than locking back on empty which has been resolved with H3 and new mags.

Does my rate of fire and burning up the oil that quickly sound about right?
    Last edited by Jesse H; 10-01-16 at 09:55.