Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From the: Be Careful What You Wish For Files - Minimum Wage Hike Edition

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    My uncle is the Chairman of the University of Miami, Bascom Palmer. He told me that Obamacare did nothing but create more Administration jobs. Apparently there are more administrators than doctors overall. A higher percent of health care cost go to administrators and most of those are not full time health care professionals, they are golfers.
    My wife use to work in the corporate office of a medical holdings firm. They had a client that was a .gov contractor created after Obamacare. They had an office building with 200 employees making salary via the US tax payers in their cubicles doing NOTHING all day. Their "jobs" were created for nothing from nothing.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    They had an office building with 200 employees making salary via the US tax payers in their cubicles doing NOTHING all day. Their "jobs" were created for nothing from nothing.
    Well, that sounds about right.

A few years ago, I had fallen and had a major head injury where I lost my sense of taste and smell. I was taken to the hospital by ambulance. I was in the hospital for 4 days. The primary doctor had billed my insurance company around $11,000 and that covered his entire fee for that 4 days including 2 MRI's. I had to pay $288 out of pocket to the hospital. Not bad. However, there was a doctor who tried to bill my insurance company for over $70k. When denied by BCBS, he billed the government via Obamacare and got most of that money. The problem was I didn't have Obamacare and I was now getting back-charged by the hospital. I spent months getting everyone that was involve to figure this out. The doctor in question had only reviewed my charts and monitored me for about 5 minutes. After about a year, my insurance company said, figure this out on your own. The hospital sent my $43,000 outstanding medical bill to collections. I had no leg to stand on. All because of a doctor who made his living by fraudulently billing insurance companies. I hired a medical specialized law firm to assist me. I told the lawyer the whole story and then asked him, "do you handle these kinds of cases", he reminded me that I was in a recently remolded office building that cost over $40M to renovate, then shook his head and said, "we make our money on cases like yours". Apparently it happens 500 times a day just in DFW. Over $50 million false claims a Day just in Texas. We won the settlement but the only person that really won was the attorney. Nothing happened to that doctor, he still rotates between 4 hospitals and one of the highest paid doctors in Dallas, he is featured in the 2015 D Magazine 100 best doctors issue.
    Last edited by elephant; 03-20-16 at 05:06.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234