Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OHIO: Do NOT vote Kasich! Emergency 2A alert!

Feedback Score

OHIO: Do NOT vote Kasich! Emergency 2A alert!

I just got an email from Bravo Company. In it they reproduced a letter from Bill Clinton to John Kasich, dated 1994, praising him for his support of the Assault Weapons ban.

Voila:

kasich letter.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I got that as well. We must be shopping at the same places.
    I hope Trump trumps him today and this is the last we hear from the slack jawed sissy.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Win or loose, he's staying in the race. Someone is funding the crap out of him. You can see in his face that he knows he's loosing his a$$ in this race but his contributors are throwing money at him. Mitt Romney all over again...
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    He did vote for the AWB, and apparently doesn't regret it

Q: Let me pick up on another issue that some conservatives have with you. Back in 1994, you voted for the assault weapons ban that Bill Clinton was proposing, which earned you an "F" from NRA. Now, your NRA rating is a straight "A". What would you say to a gun rights advocate who is going to say I'm not sure I like the guy who at one time had an "F" from the NRA?
    KASICH: That was an assault weapon ban. I'm a Second Amendment advocate. I don't believe the government should be taking guns from people. I think people have a right to be armed. It's about keeping the Second Amendment and it's allowing legitimate gun owners to be able to do what they want, which is exercise their constitutional right. So people don't need to worry about that.
    Q: Do you regret your vote for the assault weapons ban in '94?
    KASICH: No, when I look at it now, it was superfluous. We were adding a law that had no impact. And I don't think that's ever smart to do

But it does appear he has moved to more pro-2A

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/John...un_Control.htm
    Last edited by djegators; 03-15-16 at 13:18.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you're not going to vote for people who have supported an AWB in the past, your only option is basically Cruz.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    If you're not going to vote for people who have supported an AWB in the past, your only option is basically Cruz.
    It's a sad day in America when the two major guys on the ballot are Barack Obama and a guy who has actually signed an AWB into law.

Yet, for some reason, people kept exclaiming the need to remove Obama at all costs. Before Newtown, I think Obama was one of the most pro-2A Presidents I've had in my life.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I doubt any of the (R) candidates will support a new AWB. More important is will they nominate justices who will support 2A, and will they stand up to a (D) Congress following another Sandy Hook if/when that happens.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Before Newtown, I think Obama was one of the most pro-2A Presidents I've had in my life.
    Really? I find that hard to believe.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    It's a sad day in America when the two major guys on the ballot are Barack Obama and a guy who has actually signed an AWB into law.

Yet, for some reason, people kept exclaiming the need to remove Obama at all costs. Before Newtown, I think Obama was one of the most pro-2A Presidents I've had in my life.
    Yeah, weird right? Obama, a guy who is a democrat, from Hawaii and Chicago, and thus is likely to be extremely anti-2A... but hadn't proved it. Romney, who actually signed an AWB and a universal health care law into effect.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Then according to Rush Limbaugh: the only way he has a chance is for Kasich and Rubio to drop out IMMEDIATELY.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast