Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plate carrier that also fits leo soft armor???

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)

Plate carrier that also fits leo soft armor???

Any suggestions on a carrier that fits both hard plates, and leo soft armor?

Feedback Score
    Soft armor like BALCS cut, or some proprietary cut? Now we're getting into armor carrier territory. If BALCS, you have a ton more options, from SKD/Paraclete's LVBC all the way to the First Spear Siege.

You can find surplused SDS/BAE RBAVs on Ebay for cheap, too.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Plate carrier or a vest? If a vest looks at BCS Tactical.

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Plate carrier or a vest? If a vest looks at BCS Tactical.

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com
    Doc, have you had any experience with BCS? I was looking at some of their stuff, but after reading a thread on ARFCOM in regards to their product and customer service, I was less than impressed.

If you google "Got a package in the mail from Beez Combat Systems", you can see the thread in question. Of course, this is only a sample size of one, but their response was less than satisfactory...
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Balcs cut, standard leo soft armor. I'm a K9 handler so we wear an outer vest, the one the dept. issues is junk, so I'm looking to buy my own even though the dept. gave back
    $700,000 from the budget last year.
    I'm looking at carrying a level 4 inconjuction plate in the front. For that, the lightest I could find was the parcelete speed plus. Any suggestions on the plate would be appreciated as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I wanted to know the same thing. In my brief research, I did not find too many options. I'm non uniformed so I think I'm going to just wear soft armor under street clothes for day to day and hard plates only in something like a PIG carrier for planned enforcement operations.
    Last edited by CGSteve; 03-05-16 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was very impressed with the quality and service from Beez Combat systems. I ordered a IOTV vest from them and requested some custom modifications (Velcro cumberbun instead of side buckles), I expected to get $ quote back but got an "no problem". Price was on point too.
    ETA http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/BCS...-IOTV-LBAV.htm.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 03-05-16 at 20:44.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    The Mayflower Low-Profile Armor Carrier (LPAC) is a scalable system that can be worn under a suit or police uniform with soft armor, and upgraded with plates, chest riggs, etc. when concealment is not needed.

http://www.mayflower-rc.org/store/70...r-Carrier.html

It is what I use.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-05-16 at 21:01.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGSteve View Post
    I wanted to know the same thing. In my brief research, I did not find too many options. I'm non uniformed so I think I'm going to just wear soft armor under street clothes for day to day and hard plates only in something like a PIG carrier for planned enforcement operations.
    Have you tried this combo minus plates in AZ heat? I cant imagine anything Id rather wear less than concealable soft armor and a hyper insulated PIG on top. The PIG is VERY hot without soft armor or plates in anything over 74 degree weather.

I wish they made something that simply covered the gaps in plate carriers with soft armor to lighten it up and decrease heat. Since I'm CID I have just dropped the concealable soft armor unless working overtime traffic patrol and run the plate carrier alone and take my chances on planned stuff. Have an external soft carrier for field stuff that is lower risk but it seems redundant outside the increased coverage. See no need for level IV, I run level III+ standalone and take my chances no AP rounds are around. Full soft armor and full level IV plates is going to be heavy and hot IMO.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat Cop1211. I already wear an outer MOLLE carrier with my BDU's, our issued Point Blank R20D MOLLE. This is considered one the RSUC's (Really $h!tty Universal Carriers) While it will hold most NIJ cut panels (not sure about BALCS), there is a lot of extra material and it's made of 1000D so it's heavy to begin with. It does have pockets for rifle plates, and they are easily accessible to remove the plates without taking off the vest.

I am going back to K-9 and am wanting to trim down my vest. I've searched high and low for the solution, to wear only my soft armor, and I'm not finding a really good one. The Mayflower Low Profile Armor Carrier (LPAC), and the Mayflower Low Profile Assault Armor Carrier (LPAAC) are two very good solutions and both get a lot of love. The LPAC is slick, while the LPAAC has MOLLE coverage. My only downsides to them are the proprietary cut of their armor and needing custom work for patch placement per my dept regs. There is a thread on here about placing stardard(ish) NIJ armor in a Mayflower carrier without much extra material or play, so it's achievable. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ew-LOTS-O-PICS

Currently my solution is looking to be custom, possibly with the addition of an existing cummerbund. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot more options with BALCS cut panels, versus NIJ-style panels from Safariland, Point Blank/PACA, Armor Express, etc., so you might double check and verify if you do indeed have NIJ or BALCS cut panels. Armor Express seems to have quite a few options on the NIJ-style vest, to include the OCS, Echo, Traverse, and Hard Core.

You might also consider, if possible depending on the department buying your plate, in going with a lighter polyethylene special threat plate. While not getting rifle protection, it closes the gap based on what threats you encounter and are much lighter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast