Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfit...Cult, or Culture?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If the goal is strength and or hypertrophy, no. As an upper body conditioning movement, they are OK if done correctly for conditioning work. That they are often referred to as a pull up by those doing CF is unfortunate, but I think as long as one views kippings as distinctly different exercise from chin ups and pull ups, and uses them for the intended goal, all good. It's when some skinny chick says "I did forty pullups at my box on the WOD" that makes me grit my teeth.
    That's my opinion as well. It is an entirely different exercise thay uses entirely different body mechanics. Anyone who wants to dog on it needs to watch some Olympic gymnastics. It has a purpose. It's purpose is not to allow someone to brag about a "pull up count".

Thay said, this morning I watched a chic, dunno her weight but she was cut (abs), and about 5'5, do 24 overhead push presses with 125 without struggling. 3 every minute on the minute. I have literally never seen girls moving that sort of weight naturally, or banging out strict pull ups until I joined this gym. Something here is working, imo
    Last edited by WS6; 03-17-16 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like to look at the CF chicks at my gym. Some very fine and toned womenz. If I happen to wear a Gracie shirt, I usually get approached and ?'ed b/c I play ball right next to the CF area and stretch on the CF astroturf.

Seems to be a well run program without a lot of stupid and/or dangerous stuff going on. The yelling/screaming gets old, but I just check out some T&A and I'm over it.

The ration of male to female averages at least 1:3. Don't know if that is typical.

Did I mention toned, hot chicks in sports bras and yoga pants is a good thing? Really love those ripped abs! Especially when paired with big tits.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I like to look at the CF chicks at my gym. Some very fine and toned womenz. If I happen to wear a Gracie shirt, I usually get approached and ?'ed b/c I play ball right next to the CF area and stretch on the CF astroturf.

Seems to be a well run program without a lot of stupid and/or dangerous stuff going on. The yelling/screaming gets old, but I just check out some T&A and I'm over it.

The ration of male to female averages at least 1:3. Don't know if that is typical.

Did I mention toned, hot chicks in sports bras and yoga pants is a good thing? Really love those ripped abs! Especially when paired with big tits.
    It's about 50/50 here. CF chics are definitely hot, but I'm not into high maintenance.

Feedback Score
    Yes, in the civilian market seems like a ton of women.

As I said earlier,
    Draws a certain mental type from them.

Daddy issues and esteem problems in percentages on par with the stripper populations, but a less self destructive outlet.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It's about 50/50 here. CF chics are definitely hot, but I'm not into high maintenance.
    I'm cool with high maintenance, but it has to be "worth it".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I'm cool with high maintenance, but it has to be "worth it".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    BTDT, it's never worth it. I just want to be left along to pump iron, sleep, work, shoot, and do it all over again. I don't like leaving my apartment for any other reason and never have. Besides, I'd never ruin my gym for myself by being involved with a chic there. That's just a terrible idea, IMO. I may only be 30, but I learned a lot in my 20's, lol!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    BTDT, it's never worth it. I just want to be left along to pump iron, sleep, work, shoot, and do it all over again. I don't like leaving my apartment for any other reason and never have. Besides, I'd never ruin my gym for myself by being involved with a chic there. That's just a terrible idea, IMO. I may only be 30, but I learned a lot in my 20's, lol!
    I guess I am still learning. lol
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I guess I am still learning. lol
    I just have a very low tolerance for people in general, and my job soaks up about 98% of that. The other 2% is acting polite in the check-out line with the bored cashier at 0200, and saying "Are you using this bar?" when in the gym. I have zero to spare pursuing girls like that. I am with a girl now who is constantly busy with a full-time job and full-time school, and doesn't pester me in the least. I don't chase, and I don't really date. Whatever comes my way and looks drama-free, works. That does not include crossfit chics at my gym, lol!

*Growing up self reliant as an only child who moved out when I was 13, and moved in with grandparents who had no desire to deal with a kid and interacted by knocking on my door when it was time to wake up, and fixing our one meal a day for supper, and driving me to school, probably has a lot to do with why I don't seek out interaction or find it an appealing idea, aside from professional or personal interests where a bit of "brain trust" (like this forum) is helpful. YMMV, but I'm not a people person except for pay, by and large.
    Last edited by WS6; 03-17-16 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post

Yeah if I was single I might drop by the CF gym occasionally to do a WO and see if I could pull one and grab a protein shake sometime.

But yes there are definitely some attractive females doing it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just have a very low tolerance for people in general, and my job soaks up about 98% of that. The other 2% is acting polite in the check-out line with the bored cashier at 0200, and saying "Are you using this bar?" when in the gym. I have zero to spare pursuing girls like that. I am with a girl now who is constantly busy with a full-time job and full-time school, and doesn't pester me in the least. I don't chase, and I don't really date. Whatever comes my way and looks drama-free, works. That does not include crossfit chics at my gym, lol!

*Growing up self reliant as an only child who moved out when I was 13, and moved in with grandparents who had no desire to deal with a kid and interacted by knocking on my door when it was time to wake up, and fixing our one meal a day for supper, and driving me to school, probably has a lot to do with why I don't seek out interaction or find it an appealing idea, aside from professional or personal interests where a bit of "brain trust" (like this forum) is helpful. YMMV, but I'm not a people person except for pay, by and large.
    You my missing twin?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast