Thread: BAD Lightweight 5.45 Target Rifle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Took the rifle out to the firing range yesterday for her baptismal shooting session; breaking in the rifle's barrel and sighting in the Vortex scope. Well... the session was less than terrific. The rifle functioned wonderfully, except for the JP Enterprise silent captured buffer spring. I was firing Russian 7n6 ammo. Apparently, the OEM spring is just a wee-bit too stout for this particular rifle configuration. The bolt carrier would fail to catch/strip-off every third to fourth round from the magazine, and more than half of the time the bolt did not lock back on the magazine after the last round was fired. All symptoms of the buffer spring being too strong/heavy. I did not experience this issue with my Huldra Arms & AXTS Lower piston AR15 that has a JP silent captured buffer spring... but that rifle is carbine length and of course is comprised of other component parts.

Anyway, so there goes another $38+ for a JP Enterprise Alternate Spring Pack which contains five (5) buffer springs of different weights to tune the rifle's cycling rate.

Oh, and I found myself enjoying the tuning fork "twaannng" I was sensing from the B.E. Meyers 249F Flash Hider.

~Gary
    Last edited by Garys4598; 03-20-16 at 12:08.