Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an airsoft AR-style rifle that has standard controls and isn't $1K?

Feedback Score
    I have a M&P handgun air soft that runs on green gas and it is loud. Like running it in the garage with the door closed and still sounds like a 22lr from the street. It isn't the 'crack' you get from a 22, so I never felt like ear pro was needed, but between the gas and the slide whacking around, it is loud. Loud enough I shoot in the basement, in limited fashion since I don't want to build up gas.

Are the rifles any different?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I've used a number of gas airsoft pistols and m4 models over the years. They give me the ability to practice reloads etc in the basement.

I currently use a G&P Woc which is great. If you want you can get a Woc-X or challenge kit for a round 200. The internals are pot metal and will need to be replaced, some pretty early on.

After you pick the model you want watch eBay. If your patient you can pick some used stuff up pretty cheap.

As for green gas unless your sensitive to the smell of propane you can use propane. It's much cheaper. Just need to buy a Airsoft Innovations adaptor kit for around $20. Green gas is simply propane + silicon oil and some pretty smelling stuff. With the kit you can use the green camping propane tanks to run the guns.

I don't think these guns are very loud and have never worried about ear pro when using them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keith026 View Post
    I've used a number of gas airsoft pistols and m4 models over the years. They give me the ability to practice reloads etc in the basement.

I currently use a G&P Woc which is great. If you want you can get a Woc-X or challenge kit for a round 200. The internals are pot metal and will need to be replaced, some pretty early on.

After you pick the model you want watch eBay. If your patient you can pick some used stuff up pretty cheap.

As for green gas unless your sensitive to the smell of propane you can use propane. It's much cheaper. Just need to buy a Airsoft Innovations adaptor kit for around $20. Green gas is simply propane + silicon oil and some pretty smelling stuff. With the kit you can use the green camping propane tanks to run the guns.

I don't think these guns are very loud and have never worried about ear pro when using them.
    Green gas is propane? I did read it has lubricant in it. I don't think I want to spraying petroleum mist inside the house! Hadn't thought about that...gettin' oil on the floor, furniture, not to mention breathing it..

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Green gas has silicone oil in it. I have been shooting it for decades indoors and never had smell or residue issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Green gas has silicone oil in it. I have been shooting it for decades indoors and never had smell or residue issues.
    Same experience for me. I probably use too much silicone oil with propane but other than slick slime on my hands during pistol mag manipulation, there is not much downside. Short of spilling when putting Ana adapter on the propane can, I have never noticed oil stains.

I am moderately careful in my basement with mag dumps of propane gas in the vicinity of my gas water heater/ pilot light. Unsure where the explosive level is, but I have no desire to find out.

Feedback Score
    The guys above said it best. There is so little silicon used that you will never notice it.

A lot of times I won't even use silicone. It just keeps the orings in the gun and mag conditioned. The orings can all be easily replaced extremely cheaply if they go bad.

I think there is a lot of miss information out there from the airsoft groups because they are afraid to disassemble the gun for cleaning or maintenance. A lot of airsoft guys are big into oiling (silicone oil) the crap out of stuff to keep it running. From my experience all that does is collect gunk. I use some frog lube on the metal to metal areas and it's all good. I've made a few bucks buying broken airsoft pistols and simply cleaning them before reselling.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Western Arms Gas Blow Back M4 for this reason and after a few sessions the rifle started to self destruct. Maybe one of the other brands mentioned would hold up better but over all I was disappointed with the performance for what it cost to keep the gun up and running. I will second the propane option to use as propellant, way cheaper than green gas.

Feedback Score
    Did you happen to buy a G&P Western arms challenge kit? If so the internals aren't steel and they have tendency to break.

Feedback Score
    I want to say it was a WA CQB-R m4. But the BCG is what was coming apart and for the replacement I could have bought a really nice real one, it just didn't make sense for me to try to maintain a toy that cost as much as the real thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    @Ron3, this is very waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic for what you've ask the community, but, just tossing this option out.
    "Just in case" you're not aware of this product....I'm only assuming, so forgive me for assuming.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast