Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressed 300 BO with Vltor A5

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)

Suppressed 300 BO with Vltor A5

I am getting ready to build my first 300 BO upper that will be run suppressed full time. It will be a HD/range toy/varmit hunting upper. Right now, my plan is to use a 9" BCM 300 BO barrel and BCM gas block and my can is a Silencerco Omega. Has anyone run this upper combination with an A5 buffer system? How does it run with supers and subs? Which buffer are you having success with, A5H2/A5H3/A5H4? Is there anything I should know/change before I put the upper together?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have an AAC 12.5" barrel 300 blackout upper installed on a lower with an A5 buffer.

Runs great & cycles the action suppressed on my subsonic hand loads.
    Silencer is an AAC 762SDN6
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 06-29-16 at 00:04.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    8.25" V7 with A5 H2 and Omega. Adj gas block fully open. Runs great with supers and subs.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    For this use case I would suggest you look at the jp silent captured spring. Sounds like the goal of the rig is to be quiet and the JP makes a noticeable difference. I run one on my 9" AAC MPW and it is a very quiet and forgiving solution that runs any and everything I have thrown at it all 4 ways.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    jp silent captured spring. Sounds like the goal of the rig is to be quiet and the JP makes a noticeable difference.
    Does anybody make a spring like that that will work with the PDW type stocks/receiver extensions?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    Does anybody make a spring like that that will work with the PDW type stocks/receiver extensions?
    Maxim Defense uses a modified JP Spring in their PDW stock.

http://www.maximdefense.com/sell_sheet.pdf

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    For this use case I would suggest you look at the jp silent captured spring. Sounds like the goal of the rig is to be quiet and the JP makes a noticeable difference. I run one on my 9" AAC MPW and it is a very quiet and forgiving solution that runs any and everything I have thrown at it all 4 ways.
    Are you running it in an A5 RE, and if so, which buffer have you had the most success with?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Carbine

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Standard or H2 SCP Assembly?

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast