Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I need a trigger!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by olympicmotors View Post
    Here is a video by Geisselle himself that totally explains all of his triggers. He states himself about 2/3 of the way through the video that some people mistakenly call the SG3 a single stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc

Exactly 20 minutes into the video is where he explains the super 3 gun trigger.

Hopes this helps to clarify and alleviate any confusion.

From what I've read of their new SSP Super Speed Precision trigger, it's the first of theirs they consider to be a single stage trigger, further supporting the S3G/SD3G not being a "single".

Not that it really matters, I'm waiting for the SSP to compare to the SD3G before I buy either for myself, single, hybrid or whatever.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    All the bullshit aside, when you press the trigger on a SG3 there is no detectable wall. It pulls straight through until discharge. It gives the perception of a single stage. If its technically a two-stage so f'n what. Way too many posts in this thread have been wasted on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been shooting a Geissle super 3G on a borrowed lower and liked it. But I tried a Hiperfire and loved it so that's what I bought for my BCM which I use in 3 gun.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    All the bullshit aside, when you press the trigger on a SG3 there is no detectable wall. It pulls straight through until discharge. It gives the perception of a single stage. If its technically a two-stage so f'n what. Way too many posts in this thread have been wasted on it.
    Agreed. There's no wall. It makes zero sense as to why Bill calls it a two stage. Every other two stage you can take up slack and hit the wall or back off. On this when you pull the trigger, it breaks, that's it.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wilson TTU is the best single stage hands down. I have nearly 6000 rounds on mine with a variety of different kinds of ammo, I've had probably less than ten light primer strikes. I trust it to the point of having it in my go to rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The OP asked a simple question about a 4-4.5 lb decent trigger. Man, talk about thread drift. LOL

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Hahaha I come back in a week and this is what's happened?!

I'm just looking for something reliable,

Right now I like the idea of the Hiperfire EDT, the Wilson TTU, and I've also come across Velocity triggers. Which is the most reliable/durable trigger out of these?

I just need a general use trigger, but the reliability factor is #1 for me and #2 is performance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprice View Post

Right now I like the idea of the Hiperfire EDT, the Wilson TTU, and I've also come across Velocity triggers. Which is the most reliable/durable trigger out of these?

I just need a general use trigger, but the reliability factor is #1 for me and #2 is performance.
    EDT is a simple trigger, in the way a stock trigger is simple, all that I've read about them indicates that they are quite reliable. The Wilson is without a doubt a good trigger, but a lot more money. If you just want something a bit better than a mil-spec get the EDT, it seems to fit your criterion to a T.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprice View Post

Some of the triggers you mention are held in with setscrews (a liability). Another has way too many extra parts (another liability). If you don't want a gourmet trigger save some $$$ and get an ACT. You would probably get better answers if you told us exactly WTF you want to do with this rifle/trigger combination.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just installed my Wilson Combat TTU MIL trigger. I'm very impressed. Just an approx 5lbs press and it breaks super clean. Very distinct reset. Exactly what I was looking for.

I like it better than the Paul Howe version because there no stacking, or first stage. The MIL doesn't have any movement prior to break. As soon as you get the right pressure it just goes. Full hammer strength too. I once felt a Timmeny (sp?) trigger that just felt anemic. The TTU Mil seems like it has the same hammer strength as your typical GI trigger.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast