Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else prefer USGI over Lancer, Pmag, etc?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Does anyone else prefer USGI over Lancer, Pmag, etc?

I have about 10 of each type, with the USGIs upgraded with magpul follower and L plates. All have been reliable. Nothing against the polymer mags, but I just like the look and feel of w a USGI. Anyone else feel that way?
    Last edited by XD40Colorado; 03-14-16 at 13:51.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No, I much prefer the P-mags. Gen 2-3 have always worked flawlessly for me. Even in some nasty conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    No, I much prefer the P-mags. Gen 2-3 have always worked flawlessly for me. Even in some nasty conditions.

Can you elaborate on the "nasty conditions"?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    The biggest advantage of pmags from my understanding is the geometry. No idea if the latest surefeed, d&h, and lancer mags incorporate this enhanced design. There is a good thread titled d&h vs okay that should answer your questions.

Seems lots of people have sworn off pmags in favor of GI or lancer after splitting spines.

Pmags also use CS springs vs stainless which is a much better, longer lasting spring steel. Not sure what's shipping in competitors products.
    Last edited by t15; 03-14-16 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretty much all magazines have their proponents and their detractors here. I have a blend of PMAGs, GI Mags, and Lancers. All have worked well for me. My USGI mags originally were acquired to go with a retro build that I was going to do, and I ended up liking them enough to stock up when quality mags were available at a great price.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40Colorado View Post
    Can you elaborate on the "nasty conditions"?
    Thanks.
    Sand, mud, swamp muck, salt water, sub zero temps, and 130+ degree temps. Also extreme temp swings. They just flat work.

USGI mags with the updated followers work, but they aren't my personal preference for field use.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    That's pretty impressive Nightstalker.

FWIW, I saw them doing a training exercise here in New Mexico, at the Double Eagle II Airport (private/corporate airfield).
    It was pretty cool. They were giving out posters and such and doing some flying demonstrations...pretty slick operators.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have far more GI mags than PMags mainly because I've stocked up when they were cheap for those times when they are not. Both seem to work just fine in most of my rifles although I have a few rifles where PMags don't fit.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Does anyone else prefer USGI over Lancer, Pmag, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40Colorado View Post
    That's pretty impressive Nightstalker.

FWIW, I saw them doing a training exercise here in New Mexico, at the Double Eagle II Airport (private/corporate airfield).
    It was pretty cool. They were giving out posters and such and doing some flying demonstrations...pretty slick operators.
    If you ever get the opportunity to attend the annual SOFIC in Tampa, you'd be in for a treat. It's one of the few times each year the public gets to see the birds up close and have a glimpse at what they are capable of. Never a fun event as far as planning goes, but it makes for a nice change from the "routine."

Glad you enjoyed the exercise in NM.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    THanks for the replies guys

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast