Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need mount for MRO - Bobro vs Scalarworks vs ADM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhalo View Post
    In the same boat, my first mRO was with a adm mount as well. Just grabbed a mRO from kygunco with a factory low mount since they only had mRO's with mounts in stock.

But I ordered a scalarworks mount to try and it's a flat $150 shipped. I have bobros as well, but I like the look of the scalarworks, so we'll see.
    Yeah I ordered the scalarworks as well, the super low weight, and novel approach to QD intrigued me enough to risk $150. It is highly unlikely it will be as rugged as the bobro (have to sacrifice something to save weight), but I hope to find it is a minimal ruggedness loss in relation to the weight savings.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Pilum View Post
    Bummer. Atl east they still have the mounts. Sounds like the OP already has a MRO inbound?
    Yes MRO already on the way. Where can I get the Bobro at that price?

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    Yes MRO already on the way. Where can I get the Bobro at that price?

Thanks!!
    http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/mercha...=bobro&x=0&y=0

Use code : MSP300 or google the latest one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Pilum View Post
    http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/mercha...=bobro&x=0&y=0

Use code : MSP300 or google the latest one.
    Thanks! Looks like they are actually out of stock on those mounts right now.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at the same thing. I just got my MRO and looking to mount on my M4gery and found that the market for MRO mounts offered somewhat disappointing options.

I'm sure they all work fine but the concept of "block of metal under the mount" lacks a certain, mmm, shall we say "panache". In contrast, my old Aimpoint with it's 20 year old technology and cantilever mount looks head and shoulders "sexier" than the new MRO Hotness. That Aimpoint sitting on top of the receiver reaching forward like some abstract painting just looks GUD!

Enough with the art lesson, the choices I had were the $120 Larue cantilever 1/3 co-witness, and the ADM. But i'm gonna google my way around the interwebs today and fine me a good looking mount for my MRO.
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some mounts look better than others. Shorter full co-witness mounts usually look smoother than tall 1/3 lower co-witness mounts. I'm too old to worry about how super sexy one of my carbines look.

Feedback Score
    To each his own.

I'm not an "operator" and I don't play one on TV.

There are those who are and function matters more than form. Then there are those who simply disparage looks and feel the need to do so publicly. Maybe they feel better doing so.

To that, I say fine. But if I'm spending my money on something, all of those issues matter- form, function, features, etc. at least it matters to me. My money, I spend it my way, your money, your way.

Last edited by general_purpose; 03-10-16 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by general_purpose View Post
    To each his own.

I'm not an "operator" and I don't play one on TV.

There are those who are and function matters more than form. Then there are those who simply disparage looks and feel the need to do so publicly. Maybe they feel better doing so.

To that, I say fine. But if I'm spending my money on something, all of those issues matter- form, function, features, etc. at least it matters to me. My money, I spend it my way, your money, your way.

Geez dude, calm down. I must have hit a nerve. Yes, it's cool to have a cool looking rifle... I think you're reading a bit too much into this. One possible drawback of the scalar mount is that the open frame design means it can get hooked up on other gear when re-positioning the rifle on the operators body. It does look like they are the only ones other than Bobro that have a mount design that should inherently prevent metal fatiguing problem where the rail is clamped by the mount.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Scalar is 7075 and Bobro is 6061 so I doubt there's a noticeable "ruggedness" difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The material difference is negligible for this application. What matters is the design/engineering. It could be made out of some exotic TI alloy but if it does not have structural integrity than it means nothing. Unless they are both the exact same design (and even then different properties for the metals) then you can't say one way or another. I'll take solid design over wiz bang materials every-time.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast