Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Need mount for MRO - Bobro vs Scalarworks vs ADM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaryRevn View Post
    This new lightweight MRO mount from Battle Arms looks very promising at a very good price... https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.co...absolute-black
    I picked one up for the MRO deal from AIM. it's the lightest mount on the market I believe. I haven't run it yet but it seems very solid

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    WS6,

Dude, you're way over thinking this. Take this as coming from someone who shares a similar level of OCD about many things, and who also really likes top quality stuff. As a friend I offer these observations, and urge you to consider them:

Stop obsessing over finding the *perfect* carbine optic (or any other perfect anything). We've all witnessed you burn through multiple high end optics looking for that *perfect* solution, extolling the virtues of that optic at first...and then 3 weeks or so later becoming dissapointed due to some minor flaw. Then moving on to the next one, rinse and repeat.

Now I'm seeing you do the same thing on mounts. Dude they all have strengths and weaknesses.

The Geissele video demonstrates what I understood to be a mount that is not torque sensitive. If the claim was made it would RTZ only finger tight that was a dumb claim. Of course you have to tighten the damn thing down to RTZ, you just don't need some special torque wrench to do it. This is not unusual, my Nightforce Uni-Mount does the same thing. The Geissele's claim to superiority is the extreme precision of the optics mounting ring /base and caps, the stiffness of the mount, and the added high precision recoil lugs on the rail interface. I for one am interested in the mount for the additional lugs to give more robust ability to hold zero under rough handling or on a gun with strong counter recoil like the FN SCAR.

Rather than chasing that *perfect* optic and mount which doesn't exist why not pick out a good reliable optics and mount package, slap it on a reliable accurate rifle with a good trigger and get out there and shoot? I find that the more I just enjoy shooting, practicing, or training the less I obsess over minor advantages or disadvantages in the kit (assuming the set up is reliable and user friendly). Plus as long as the rifle puts bullets where they should go, fires every time, and the optics hold zero and give a good view you're $$$ and skill level ahead just focusing on putting well aimed rounds down range. It's more fun too.
    I get nit picking to a certain degree means diff things to diff people.

However,

They did claim finger tight... it is not. Anything over +/- LB is going to be negated, but it DOES need to be over a certain amount.

Multiple recoil lugs are pointless unless they expand like Bobro, tolerances on an upper are just not that precise. Crossbolt serves the same purpose.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RotaryRevn View Post
    This new lightweight MRO mount from Battle Arms looks very promising at a very good price... https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.co...absolute-black
    My guess is you are going to see a lot of stripped heads from that design.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slowlowmiata View Post
    I picked one up for the MRO deal from AIM. it's the lightest mount on the market I believe. I haven't run it yet but it seems very solid

What's the weight difference between it and the scalarworks, but it isn't qd like the scalarworks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    What's the weight difference between it and the scalarworks, but it isn't qd like the scalarworks.
    It's half the weight .6oz and half the price. Another member is selling one on the EE here I believe. Not qd buy why would I need it when I have BUIS

Feedback Score

Need mount for MRO - Bobro vs Scalarworks vs ADM

Glass on optic damaged beyond ability to see through, get mud or another substance blocking ability to see through optic...etc.
    half the weight of the scalarworks is pretty interesting. What are the mats, strength, and were there any sacrifices made to achieve it. I'm admittedly intrigued as weight savings is one of my priorities.
    Last edited by JackFanToM; 08-13-16 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glass on optic damaged beyond ability to see through, get mud or another substance blocking ability to see through optic...etc.
    half the weight of the scalarworks is pretty interesting. What are the mats, strength, and were there any sacrifices made to achieve it. I'm admittedly intrigued as weight savings is one of my priorities.
    I'm sure their website can answer all of those questions

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I honestly don't think trimming the Scalarworks by 50% is going to be a big deal. You'd save more weight dropping down 1 buffer and using a stiffer action spring, or by changing stocks, or whatever.

Feedback Score
    Weight is a priority, but never the overwhelmingly number 1 priority. Function comes 1st, so the QD functionality of the scalarworks still puts it as my mount. There are skeletonized parts, fluted barrels, polymer lowers, etc that shave weight but they don't appeal to me. I was merely intrigued by how you could get 50% lighter than the scalarworks without sacrificing strength.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I am as weight sensitive as anyone but reducing the weight of something as light as the Scalarwerks mount while giving up QD capability and a superior mechanism.. Not me. BTW... The BAD weighs .65% of what the Scalarwerks mount weighs not half. A little over 1/3 Oz.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast