Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need mount for MRO - Bobro vs Scalarworks vs ADM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Need mount for MRO - Bobro vs Scalarworks vs ADM

As the title suggests, I need a mount for a Trijicon MRO I've ordered. This will be my 2nd MRO. My 1st MRO has a full co-witness height ADM mount and I'm pretty happy with it, however I might go 1/3 lower co-witness on the new mount (not sure yet, prefer absolute but lower 1/3 has some advantages for my application).

I know this is opening a can of worms but can anyone comment on these choices? I understand that Bobro cam locking system is pretty much the best on the market, and even though people deride the size/weight it's not that much heavier than other options.

On the other hand Scalarworks four point mount system and ditching the locking lever looks interesting to me. Seems it's a bit lighter and looks pretty cool being all skeletonized but the flip-side is probably a bit harder to ditch the optic quickly when wearing gloves if it has the little finger nut to tighten/release it.

And then there's ADM... which is not super expensive and just plain works (at least in my experience).

Looking for any direct input people have.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    There are two other mounts you might want to look at, but both aren't quite on the market in large quantities yet. The Geissele Super Precision MRO mount and the Mega Arms/Hodge Defense Dog Bone. I am personally waiting on the Dog Bone, but the Scalarworks would be my second choice. I don't need the QD feature, so the Dog Bone is my first choice, plus it is supposed to retail for under $60.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply... I had not considered either of those, but my preference is for a QD mount solution. It only happened one time in a class where my optic got fouled but being able to dump it from the rail quickly was pretty useful.

Scalarworks is crazy expensive since with shipping it works out to $160 or so... definitely makes sense to order it with the MRO, but I already ordered the MRO when Lanbos got them back in stock today.

LGS can sell me the Bobro for about $120. I might just go that route... especially since it's not clear that the Scalar solution is worth the premium.

Feedback Score
    Not going to pimp the Bobro becuase I'm sure most have read my opinion on the matter.

Just wanted to point out it can be had for about $103 shipped in the height of your choice via a certain vendor + 10% discount code.

So if price is an issue, its not an issue lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Pilum View Post
    Not going to pimp the Bobro becuase I'm sure most have read my opinion on the matter.

Just wanted to point out it can be had for about $103 shipped in the height of your choice via a certain vendor + 10% discount code.

Yeah, that same vendor was $500 shipped with a Bobro. They were oos on mRO's so I cancelled. But that was a solid price.

Feedback Score
    Bummer. Atl east they still have the mounts. Sounds like the OP already has a MRO inbound?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Can you provide the info on the vendor and discount code, either here or via a PM? I might go the Bobro option at that price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In the same boat, my first mRO was with a adm mount as well. Just grabbed a mRO from kygunco with a factory low mount since they only had mRO's with mounts in stock.

But I ordered a scalarworks mount to try and it's a flat $150 shipped. I have bobros as well, but I like the look of the scalarworks, so we'll see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhalo View Post
    In the same boat, my first mRO was with a adm mount as well. Just grabbed a mRO from kygunco with a factory low mount since they only had mRO's with mounts in stock.

But I ordered a scalarworks mount to try and it's a flat $150 shipped. I have bobros as well, but I like the look of the scalarworks, so we'll see.
    Yeah I ordered the scalarworks as well, the super low weight, and novel approach to QD intrigued me enough to risk $150. It is highly unlikely it will be as rugged as the bobro (have to sacrifice something to save weight), but I hope to find it is a minimal ruggedness loss in relation to the weight savings.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bummer. Atl east they still have the mounts. Sounds like the OP already has a MRO inbound?
    Yes MRO already on the way. Where can I get the Bobro at that price?

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast