Thread: SWFA SS 1-4 or Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6....opinions please!

Feedback Score

SWFA SS 1-4 or Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6....opinions please!

I'm looking at these two scopes and trying to get some opinions on the better of the two. I don't mind sacrificing the 2 extra zoom, if I get better glass and a more useful reticle with the SWFA, which seems like the general consensus. I've got to play and look through the Strike Eagle and it seems like a lot of scope for the money. I can get the Strike Eagle with the ADM Recon X mount for $430 which seems like an awfully good deal. I don't mind spending a little more money and buying the SWFA SS 1-4 scope which (from all the reviews) seems like it may have better glass and a more useful reticle. The SWFA 1-4 is $400, plus I'd have to buy the mount separate unless I buy the SWFA kit which comes with their SSALT mount for $420 (mount and scope included). For those of you that have handled both, what are you guys opinions on these two scopes...mainly glass, reticle usefulness (CQ out to 200 yards majority of time), and overall build quality? Both have lifetime warranties.
    Last edited by BlazinCajun; 03-03-17 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personal preference, but I prefer the SWFA reticle to that of the strike eagle. I haven't had any time with the strike eagle to personally go over it, but the SWFA does have really good glass for the price. I would be surprised if the strike eagle was on par with it to be honest. If it were my coin, I would buy the SWFA, again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinCajun View Post
    I'm looking at these two scopes and trying to get some opinions on the better of the two. I don't mind sacrificing the 2 extra zoom, if I get better glass and a more useful reticle with the SWFA, which seems like the general consensus. I've got to play and look through the Strike Eagle and it seems like a lot of scope for the money. I can get the Strike Eagle with the ADM Recon X mount for $430 which seems like an awfully good deal. I don't mind spending a little more money and buying the SWFA SS 1-4 scope which (from all the reviews) seems like it may have better glass and a more useful reticle. The SWFA 1-4 is $400, plus I'd have to buy the mount separate unless I buy the SWFA kit which comes with their SSALT mount for $420 (mount and scope included). For those of you that have handled both, what are you guys opinions on these two scopes...mainly glass, reticle usefulness (CQ out to 200 yards majority of time), and overall build quality? Both have lifetime warranties.
    You do.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have used both and prefer the capped turrets and horseshoe reticle of the Vortex. I had a SS 1-4 and it was perfectly fine, it is really just preference. I didn't think the glass was noticeably different but the eyebox was more forgiving on the SS. Mechanically the turrets of the SS also seemed better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    SWFA has surprisingly good glass for the price. I love mine.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would wait for the PST 2 1-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk