Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any feedback on Trausch SP101 Grips? SAD UPDATE IN LAST POST...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Any feedback on Trausch SP101 Grips? SAD UPDATE IN LAST POST...

Ive been considering these for awhile. My current grips are Hogues, and they are just too damn thin.
    And Ive never liked the factory grips.
    If anyone has, or has experiance with these, Id love to know the pro's/cons. Thanks.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-17-12 at 07:28.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I bought a set for a S&W L frame a number of years back. They turned out to be square-butt. A little bit of cutting and they fit my 686 fine. They felt good in the hand but I thought they would be better suited on something with a longer barrel than my snubbie.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply halo2304-
    Apparently they are not well known here in the states too much.
    After reading several reviews, I popped an order yesterday for a set for my SP101 3", I immediately got an email back from J. Trausch himself, which was cool I thought. Should be here in about a week, as they are shipped from Paris France.
    I just bought a few boxes of .357 yesterday to do a range report when they come in, Ill report on them good or bad.
    Also, I see you had to modify your grips to work, but they do sell the round butt grips too.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I thought they were round-butt when I bought them. I guess I was just too thrilled to have found some (at a gunshow) that I didn't notice until it was too late. I know I'll look forward to your review.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    I have them and they are great for comfort and recoil management. It turns my 2 1/4" into a much easier shooting gun. As far as comfort, I have never held anything that felt more comfortable. Seriously, it's an odd feeling holding something that just fits so well. I do have moderately large hands, and the stock grip was decent, but not comfortable for me.

The biggest problem is the gun becomes much less concealable.

Pros:
    • Comfortable (the absolute best for me).
    • Hot .357 Mag loads are much easier to handle.
    • Recoil is spread out much more and is much less sharp and painful.
    • Shooting is less fatiguing after a long session.
    • Makes a hard to shoot gun, much more shootable. With a reduced .38 load, this becomes a good introductory gun for a new shooter.

Cons:
    • Pocket carry is a no go.
    • Concealability goes way down.
    • The grip bulges under a shirt.
    • Not as durable as the stock grip.
    • Ships from Paris, and takes a while.

Lastly, the grip is a semi-squishy rubber, and not the most durable.

I recommend trying them out. Hell, if you don't like them, I'll buy them from you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi fellas-
    Let me update my situation.
    In a nutshell....I have never heard one more thing from Trausch after my order, then immediate email confirming my order.
    I have NOT been charged for the grips, either. Ive sent a follow up email and have gotten no reply.
    If any of you know a stateside dealer ofthese I could order, please let me know. I just flat dont know what happened.
    Ive got a few hundred rounds of .357 Gold Dot and some +P .38's just waiting to be shot.
    Oh, fwiw...my order was placed back in late June. trausch quoted an 8 day shipping to me in the one and only email I got from him.

UPDATE!
    The DAY I placed my order for the black Trausch SP101 grips...Jacques Trausch died unexpectedly at his desk in Paris, France. I recieved an email today, out of the blue, advising me of Mr. Trausch's death, and the understandable turmoil following his sudden demise.
    However...my grips ARE on the way to me right now, and it has occured to me, that I MAY WELL have been one of the last orders, and EMAILS, Mr. Trausch ever sent, as he responded to my order with a personal email the day he died. Also..there is some doubt, as of right now, as to the company's future. I MAY WELL have gotten one of the LAST sets of his grips, also!!
    Trippy all the way around, this! I WILL do a range report when I get the grips installed, and can make it to the range.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-17-12 at 07:26. Reason: UPDATE!

Feedback Score
    Wow, how terrible. Thank you for the update.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    hate to revive, but any update on these grips? and future of his company?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I continue loving these grips. Have put many rounds thru my SP101
    with them and they are great. Everyone who has shot the gun likes them also.
    As to the company's status right now, I really have no idea.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score

Trausch grips

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I continue loving these grips. Have put many rounds thru my SP101
    with them and they are great. Everyone who has shot the gun likes them also.
    As to the company's status right now, I really have no idea.
    Very late response, however, Mrs. Trausch closed the business after Jacques passed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast