Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angstadt Arms 0940 9mm

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I thinking about taking the dremell to that little nub tomorrow!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you for the links. My New Frontier Armory lower took every AR part I had for it, no problems. What other parts are you putting on the complete rifle?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Glad the links helped. I don't have an AR pistol and to save the wait and $200 I'm going to make this a pistol.

My New Frontier BCG showed up yesterday. It is a DSG LPK minus the FCG. I now need a new FCG. The one I have isn't working. I will probably order a KAK Shockwave now that I need to order a new FCG. I was planning on a Noveske end plate for my QD sling. The barell length is what's getting me. I would like a 1/2x28 thread so I can spin on a suppressor when I get one. So it thinking 4-6". 4" would work better I believe to keep standard rounds subsonic.

I got the FCG question squared away here.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...97#post2269997
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-18-16 at 05:56.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Fixed it. My buddy took his dremel to it. I need to tighten the castle nut and stake it. Then to shoot it today after work.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I shot 50 rounds through the rifle today. I used an OEM G18 33 round magazine and a PMag 17 round magazine. I am using a Colt A1 upper and 16” Colt bbl. The BCG is from New Frontier. I have a Voltor A5 RE on the rifle with the standard buffer.

I had three or four failures with the PMag. Then the Glock 18 mag started acting the same way. If I held the bolt release closed it ran fine. I'm sure the issue is with the bolt hold open/release bar. It is very loose in the gun. It is installed with roll pins I don't see a way to tighten it is by bending it. I could obviously just remove it too. I removed the partially full magazine and shot the round in the chamber and the bolt stayed open too.

These two photos show the BHO all the way to the right and left. It moves freely from right to left.

Last edited by usmcvet; 02-18-16 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I spoke to Rich with AA by email. The BHO is supposed to be loose. It is held in place when the upper is assembled. The issue may be the spring on the bolt release. I used the shorter spring they supplied. It could still be too long. Not sure. Waiting to call Rich later today. I'm very impressed with the quick responses I have had directly from the owner of AA. He gave me his direct number and told me he would work with me to get he gun running right. That is outstanding Customer Service. I'm impressed.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-19-16 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

I had three or four failures with the PMag. Then the Glock 18 mag started acting the same way.
    What kind of failures? Premature lock-back?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
    What kind of failures? Premature lock-back?
    Exactly. Rich from AA suggested I get a standard RE on the gun and take off the A5. I ordered one today. I have a Wolf extra power carbine spring and a Spikes ST-9 buffer I will use. I might put 6/7 quarters into it until I get the new RE next week.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-19-16 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I shot another fifty rounds. Well I got about ten off and my 13 year old shot the other forty! I switched to the ST9 buffer and added six quarters below the spring in the RE. There were no more BHO failures. I had one failure to feed.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    My 13 year old shooting buddy. His 10 year old sister was picking up brass. She did not want to shoot today.

One failure to feed.

My youngest, 8 year old, shooting buddy. She is struggling to see the RDS.

Last edited by usmcvet; 02-20-16 at 21:38.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast