Thread: Unboxing Blauer Blitz 8" Waterproof Boot. Caution, pic heavy.

Feedback Score

Unboxing Blauer Blitz 8" Waterproof Boot. Caution, pic heavy.

Blauer is best known for making public safety uniforms. On my Facebook page, Oodalooper someone asked about boots that utilize the Boa Lacing system. I hadn't had any exposure to the Boa system and dug into the topic. The Boa Lacing System is a patented technology utilized by many different type of footwear. What it is, in a nutshell, is a system that allows you to turn a dial on the tongue of the footwear and draws even pressure through the steel cables that replace typical shoe laces. The alleged benefit is to allow even pressure on the entire foot. Additionally, it is supposed to be faster to get into and out of. I reached out to Blauer and they sent me a pair for testing and evaluation. If you have seen my earlier posts, I'm currently T&E'ing Under Armour Speed Freaks. And have several other boots in my closet already. So, I turned to a trusted friend to Test and Evaluate the Blitz.

I've included some pictures below, and also some initial thoughts. A full review will be forthcoming. If there is anything specific you would like covered in the review please comment below.

The boots are waterproof. The back of the boot have this rubberized, tacky surface.

The steel cable laces are very thin.

The lacing system in achieved through turning the dial on the tongue.

To loosen them, you pull out on the dial and pressure is instantly released.

So here is the question...do these boots and their lacing system add anything useful to the market or are they a gimmick. Is there a market for these boots? Is the Boa system offer benefit over traditional lacing? All these questions-and more-will be answered in the full review!

Thanks!

-Oodalooper

Please like my page!

Feedback Score
    Just to add my experience with the BOA system. I think it's great they have expanded this to other types of footwear. My exposure to the system is a pair of Footjoy golf shoes. The knob is on the back heel. I like they moved it to the front on these boots. BOA laces up everything so evenly. It makes your footwear really fit like a glove.With regular shoes laces you can have uneven pressure. While not really a big deal, you probably would never realize it until you try the BOA system. To release you pull the knob and spread the material that surrounds the tongue. It's very quick and easy. It seems to me by moving the knob to the tongue it offers a lot less chance of having the knob get damaged by it sticking out on the heel. While not a problem playing golf, doing LEO work could offer some issues of placement. How this system would hold up in LEO/MIL environments is anyone's guess. I'm just a golfer that likes guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have two pairs of shoes (trail running types) that have the BOA system. Never had a problem with them. In fact I look for the lacing system when I look for new shoes I like them so much. Fast on and off and can really make them fit exactly right.

Chris
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got a pair of Redwing steel toes for work that have the BOA system. I like them, they stay throughout the day compared to laces. The comfort of the boot has nothing to do with the lace-up system, but it's convenient. Easy off too.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.