Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SA 1911 9mm , Light primer strikes ( random )

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It was in my experience.
    (I have no way of knowing if this is currently an "issue" with SA's "Loaded" 9 mm.)
    Their use of the Ti firing pin and ILS and heavy FP spring resulted in light primer strikes.
    I installed an EGW MSH/19# Main Spring (from memory you need a GI strut "cap" as the ILS has a proprietary cap) , steel FP, standard FP spring.
    With this, the gun functioned as intended.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I purchased a Springfield Armory Loaded 9mm about one year ago and I have not had any issues with light primer strikes. The handgun has had roughly 1,000 rounds fired through it.

I still haven't developed the reload that will shoot 1" at 25 yards though.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I purchased a Springfield Armory Loaded 9mm about one year ago and I have not had any issues with light primer strikes. The handgun has had roughly 1,000 rounds fired through it.

I still haven't developed the reload that will shoot 1" at 25 yards though.
    Don't count your chickens yet.

We didn't start developing issue until around 1500 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post

If I have any issues I'll take advantage of the lifetime warranty.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    So is this a problem with a lot of the SA 9mm's?
    No, not generally a problem. We have five and only recently, after 25K rounds, has my wife's competition gun experienced a few light primer strikes. I don't have an ILS on any of the guns, 19 lb. mainspring, 1X firing pin spring. This thread has prompt me to consider that there may be some erosion on the Ti firing pin. I could replace the mainspring which wouldn't be a bad idea in any event. This is the first "failure" we've had save for one cracked firing pin stop in a combined 50K rounds - not bad at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    So is this a problem with a lot of the SA 9mm's?
    Its most of SA 1911's, they have a lighter firing pin so they pass the Calf. drop test. If you have changed any of the springs or other thing you might get light strikes, take Samuse advice and you will be GTG.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    If I have any issues I'll take advantage of the lifetime warranty.
    Hopefully the issue will not arise if the pistol needs to be used in a self defense situation....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Another issue that can cause random misfires is if you have an adjustable trigger stop.
    If not set properly the sear will catch the half cock notch just enough to slow the hammer down.

With an unloaded pistol, cock the hammer, pull trigger back while thumb holding hammer, slowly lower hammer with trigger squeezed back and feel for any slight contact as the hammer rotates forward back to rest.

If you feel anything other than a smooth rotation of the hammer then turn the trigger stop screw inward about an 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

Pistols with adjustable trigger stops need to be tuned/adjusted once in awhile during normal use/wear.

Clarence
    Lija 4 groove AR24 1:8 twist
    BCM4 upper and BCG
    Anderson lower
    Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle trigger
    Leupold MK AR 6-18x40mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AM-15 View Post
    Another issue that can cause random misfires is if you have an adjustable trigger stop.
    If not set properly the sear will catch the half cock notch just enough to slow the hammer down.

With an unloaded pistol, cock the hammer, pull trigger back while thumb holding hammer, slowly lower hammer with trigger squeezed back and feel for any slight contact as the hammer rotates forward back to rest.

If you feel anything other than a smooth rotation of the hammer then turn the trigger stop screw inward about an 1/8 to 1/4 turn.

Pistols with adjustable trigger stops need to be tuned/adjusted once in awhile during normal use/wear.

Clarence
    Wish I had seen this thread when it was new...I had this EXACT issue with a brand new TRP Operator, ended up being the overtravel screw was not adjusted properly and I was able to sort it out without sending it back to be looked over. Only thing I can add is that when you get it where you want it, put on a drop of green (wicking) loc-tite so it doesn't move. Not a single problem with the gun since then (about 1 1/2 years ago).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post

Just passed 2,700 rounds and waiting for something to break.
    Last edited by T2C; 04-18-16 at 09:17. Reason: Hit the range again
    Train 2 Win

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast