Thread: Thoughts on Springfield Armory 9mm Range Officer Compact

Feedback Score

Thoughts on Springfield Armory 9mm Range Officer Compact

I am interested in buying the Range Officer Compact in 9mm. I intend to use it for CC, range use, and perhaps the occasional match. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I am interested in how reliable it is, how durable it is, and overall shooter impressions. I already have several 1911s and would like one in 9mm to simplify my reloading, and because it is cheaper to reload for. I carry a Delta Elite for hunting, and would like a 9mm CC sibling for it. I am small, so the frame needs to be officer length, or it will print. Thanks for your help!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Happy1 View Post
    I am interested in buying the Range Officer Compact in 9mm. I intend to use it for CC, range use, and perhaps the occasional match. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I am interested in how reliable it is, how durable it is, and overall shooter impressions. I already have several 1911s and would like one in 9mm to simplify my reloading, and because it is cheaper to reload for. I carry a Delta Elite for hunting, and would like a 9mm CC sibling for it. I am small, so the frame needs to be officer length, or it will print. Thanks for your help!
    I think there's an existing thread on this one, but compact 1911s are notoriously unreliable as are 9mm 1911s. Combing the two, well, would never be a CCW/SD for me and the only gun based on the 1911 platform that was well outside it's original design I'd even consider would be from Wilson. Others mileage may vary.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Check out the Springfield section on 1911 forums. From what I have read there reports have been very favourable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    actually if you are going to get a compact they are more reliable in 9mm than .45. While I haven't shot the springfield I have a cheap STI spartan compact 9mm that has been very reliable. Springfield makes a great product so I would not hesitate if I was in the market for another.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I think there's an existing thread on this one, but compact 1911s are notoriously unreliable as are 9mm 1911s. Combing the two, well, would never be a CCW/SD for me and the only gun based on the 1911 platform that was well outside it's original design I'd even consider would be from Wilson. Others mileage may vary.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB