Thread: Swiss Arms SG 553 R (7.62x39)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link. If those work, perhaps just swapping the FCG between the SG 553 R and my 556 SBR will work. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Feedback Score
    "The expected delivery of the 553R pistol has been delayed from September to March 2017 due to a redesign to the magazine well and ejection port".
    https://www.sanswissarms.com/news.html

Bummer, I thought they were on the way. Oh well. I've learned patience when it comes to the SBR game. I'd much rather that they work out whatever issue there was than it have a problem when it gets here.

Feedback Score
    Delayed again until August and now until September. I'm patient knowing that they are getting the magazine well redesign right. On the bright side, perhaps the NFA backlog will be down significantly by the time they arrive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Delayed again until August and now until September. I'm patient knowing that they are getting the magazine well redesign right. On the bright side, perhaps the NFA backlog will be down significantly by the time they arrive.
    I suspect your patience will be rewarded. The Swiss are obsessive about quality, including with firearms. They won't put it out until it is perfect.

Feedback Score
    I feel your pain. I paid in full and already have the friggin tax stamp. The delivery keeps getting pushed. Here is hoping for September. We should really know for sure. If they are delivering them in September then they should be working on them right now.

Feedback Score
    I didn't pay in full because I figured that would somehow cause it never to happen.

Feedback Score
    Just heard from the importer. It is now October. They have addressed the mag well/ ejection port issues and are waiting for the barrels now. It is starting to feel like Beretta AXR caliber packs, Aug barrels in 300 blackout, and Bren tens.... but we will just have to see. EVERY TIME I pay in full for something, this happens... one would think I would learn.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Waiting on the barrels? My goodness! What have they been doing for the last year and a half? I don't see how they can make money operating that slowly. I don't see how Jdi (importer) can stand it. They get a +1 for being patient. I've been through this before, so I've learned to be patient. My factory Sig556 SBR took a year and a half to arrive. It was worth it in the end. This will be too.
    Last edited by Bret; 09-28-17 at 13:39.