Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry it took so long to circle back. Work gets in the way.

Agree. KNS pistons are a must for any Galil ACE rifle. Makes it a completely different rifle. I honestly feel that the Galil ACE Gen 1 is a superior rifle to any of the custom makes out there (Rifle Dynamics, Meridian Defense, etc). You get a CHF chrome lined barrel, milled receiver, picatinny top cover, etc. It's a bomb proof rifle, and I wish IMI would give us more spare parts like bolts, bolt carriers etc. I own a SAM-5 pimped up by RD, and I prefer the ACE to it. The Gen 2 ACE is too bulky and the AR stock adapter they use looks dumb. Gen 1 much nicer, although I wish they would offer a flip up rear sight to go with a permanent front sight. Would be the best solution for both worlds.

Anyhow, I'll try to take my 553R to the 100 yard range close to me in the next couple of months to zero the scope and for accuracy testing. Yes PNorris, the 553R prefers Magpuls and Bulgarian Waffle Circle 10s. It does not feed well with Warsaw pact spec steel magazines, Serbian, Croatian or with Bulgarian commercial spec polymer magazines I have tried. I think it has to do with the 55x's feed ramp design. They really needed a bullet guide like an AK. They can't feed 7.62x39 out of AK magazines like they can feed 5.56 out of Sig spec magazines. Different animal.