Thread: QD mount...for a guitar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Schallers are what I have. Guess you are looking for something more tactical style.

There are also flush mounted quick release cups that would mount down into the wood with screw down the middle to hold it in. You would just have to drill a hole for the qd cup to recess into.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 07-21-15 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You can what you want, but I have these on most of guitars and never,,, not once have they slipped, popped, or otherwise not seated firmly. ZERO failure.

On the other hand, with very little use I have had those QRs on my AR seem like they were engaged only to find that they slipped out on multiple occasions.

Also don't forget the Dunlops are made to capture a large area of your strap and stay put. Not sure how your strap will attach easily unless you intend to use a sling as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Dunlop-SLS...op+strap+locks

GuitarCenter or Sam Ash, Ebay they are a little cheaper. You know you will need more for every guitar and strap too.

You might want to check that one above for the rifle. It says it comes with anti-rotation socket... I don't know if that means it works rotation and anti-rotation but I can't imagine a strap that doesn't rotate.

Also don't forget you sit your guitar down on that release and will it get pressed in doing so? you know, maybe it will look cool, but is it really the way to go?
    Last edited by tb-av; 07-21-15 at 09:52.