Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hahn Precision barrel light mount (w/temp test)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    That's interesting temperature readings you've got. C, D, and E can get "up" there in heat to say the least. Just curious if you've able to simply touch the switch at the recorded temperature? Obviously with gloves, it's no problem.

Thanks for posting!
    The "D" temp reading was taken on the back of the tailcap vice on the switch as shown. I am planning to modify a tailcap to accept a tape switch and I was curious of the heat with the FSB radiating right on it...

I switched the light on/off several times during the test and it was bearable, but you had to watch out for the FSB and the base of the light mount. The handguard temps weren't too far off the tailcap reading near the end of the test

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Aww, surprise surprise. I was sure the light was gonna give up the ghost. Won't be the last time I'm wrong Those are some pretty interesting temps. Keep us updated on how he plastic side rails hold up. Great write up!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    A fix if it's short enough not to get in your sight picture would be the LaRue mount for the X200/300, it's metal.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    A fix if it's short enough not to get in your sight picture would be the LaRue mount for the X200/300, it's metal.
    hmmm, that LaRue mount might just sit below the front sight post... thanks gotm4. Any chance there's one in the shop?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My LaRue mount arrived today! Hahn + LaRue + X300 weighs in at 8.3oz (up from 6.4oz with the plastic pieces).

It sits a little higher, but still falls under the FSB and in no way obscures the FOV. This thing is rock solid.

I hope to have my tailcap/tape switch pieces this weekend, and I'll post an update when I get that mod rolling.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Well, crap...now I have a reason for my LaRue mount, but I need to reacquire an X300!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12