Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M4C Bowhunters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question M4C Bowhunters

Gents, I'm sure there are some bow hunters and archers here on M4C and I'm curious to see what archery gear you all are using these days.

I'd be interested to see what the M4C community is using for bows, rest, sights, release, quiver, arrows, broadheads etc...Along with practice and training habbits.

I am a long time bowhunter, I have been shooting bows for nearly 27 years now. I have been using the same bow now for almost 9 years and have just been keeping my cables and strings changed on a regular basis. So I'm a little out of date on a lot of the new technology available.

So what are you guys running? Post any pros/cons and pics of your tried and true performing equipment.

These things seem to have been changing as fast as cell phones lately in the lase 10 years.

Thanks, and I look forward to all of your input.
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-06-15 at 03:04.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Putting myself through college on a swimming scholarship has left me with very... finicky shoulders so for my home state I have switched over to using a crossbow.

Tenpoint Turbo XLTII and Rage CrossbowX mechanical broadheads on Tenpoint Carbon fiber arrows.

Pros: Accurate (the Tenpoint scope is dead on with its BDC type reticle), very fast, simple, so far seems very rugged
    Cons: Expensive initial purchase, heavier than my compound setup

I keep my old Bowtech Admiral compound bow at my brothers place in Montana (cannot hunt with crossbows on Montana). I shot PSE for years when I was younger and switched to Bowtech after shooting my brothers. The bow is amazing AND forgiving for me since I don't get a lot of practice on it. I do keep my old PSE Fire Lite set up to practice with at home if I am able to draw a Montana tag.

The PSE was set up with a Whisper Biscuit rest (meh) and old pin style sights (also meh). I have since set it up to mimmick the Bowtech with fiber optic sights (much better than pins) and drop away rests (amazing, like free floating a rifle barrel). I have been using my old Fletch Hunter release since I started shooting and have never found anything I like better.
    Last edited by masan; 03-05-15 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    2009 Strother Vanquish. 29/60
    Rest - Ripcord Code Red
    Sight - Sword Twilight Hunter
    Arrows - Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    Strings - 60X Custom
    Broad head - 100 grn Rage 2 blade

I shoot 50 arrows a day at least 4 times a week.
    Last edited by mjgonzo; 03-05-15 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I should have stated what I've been shooting.

2006 Martin Magnum Phantom 2 Pro Series, Martin Quiver, Slider Hi Tek stabizer, GKF drop away rest, Carbon Express Speed Freak arrows with Muzzy MX3 broadheads, True Ball release. The sight, I'm actually not sure on the brand (I bought the setup used) but is fiber optic and has a center adjustable pin with a dial knob.

image.jpg

Attachment 32031

Attachment 32032

It's an oldy but a goody, I couldn't honestly say how many deer I have killed with it but I'm thinking about upgrading.
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-05-15 at 23:31. Reason: Sorry stupid smart phone put the pics sideways

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im a bow hunter, not an archer. I shoot an Elite Energy 32 w/ a HDX rest and Black Gold single pin sight. Shoot almost everyday until the season is over then start again in the spring. Love all these guns but bowhunting is my passion!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b2dap1 View Post
    Im a bow hunter, not an archer. I shoot an Elite Energy 32 w/ a HDX rest and Black Gold single pin sight. Shoot almost everyday until the season is over then start again in the spring. Love all these guns but bowhunting is my passion!!
    Same here, the guns are a bonus if the freezer isn't filled during bow season.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/la...-skills/?fb=dd
    Makes me want to shelf the compound and get another recurve!

Feedback Score

Now I gotta go dig my bow case out of the basement and actually look at the parts... lol

Matthews Hyper-Lite
    QAD - LD Rest
    G5 Optix XR Pin Sight
    Alpine Bear Paw Quiver
    Last edited by skijunkie55; 03-10-15 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post

Now I gotta go dig my bow case out of the basement and actually look at the parts... lol

Matthews Hyper-Lite
    QAD - LD Rest
    G5 Optix XR Pin Sight
    Alpine Bear Paw Quiver
    Nice rig, Mathews is up there in the top of my list. They have so many nice looking bows out now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/la...-skills/?fb=dd
    Makes me want to shelf the compound and get another recurve!
    That was absolutely insane! Wow!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast