Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: M4Carbine.net Update Newsletter

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gun Education with Larry Vickers:
    "From the Start; The 1911 Gunsmithing Class Update"

From the start, I have taught this the same way: I explain to the students what to do in detail, I answer any questions, and the students do it. I don't hold their hands and wipe their noses through the build. I check in on them and attempt to avert disasters, but if the student is going to screw up then he's going to screw up. Our society has way too much "hand holding" and that's not how I completed a 20+ year career in US Army SOF with 15 years of it in Delta Force.
    Three things can derail you with a 1911: ammo, lube, and magazines. No matter who made it, or how much it costs, if you try and cut corners in these three areas it can bite you. This is a heads up for anyone considering buying one for the first time.
    In this newsletter, LAV discusses his 5-day 1911 builders course. LAV also talks about the dying art of metal fitting, a few things that can derail your 1911 (ammo, lube, mags), and how the buyer should beware buying cheap 1911's. As well as, how the role of the 1911 has changed from a service weapon to more of a historical weapon, but whose nostalgia will ensure that it stays around for many more years to come.

LAV also reveals that he will shortly stop teaching this class on the road. I will have to make the trip to North Carolina sometime to attend this class. I don't know what says "Murica" better than spending 5 days with LAV hand-fitting a 1911 and concluding the class putting rounds down range with it. Thanks, LAV.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I chuckled a bit when I read this:

Last year, this teaching approach earned me a not so favorable review of the class from a former student (a millennial none the less) on The Firearm Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    [B][SIZE=2]......

LAV also reveals that he will shortly stop teaching this class on the road. I will have to make the trip to North Carolina sometime to attend this class. I don't know what says "Murica" better than spending 5 days with LAV hand-fitting a 1911 and concluding the class putting rounds down range with it. Thanks, LAV.

Let me know when that is. I'd like to take something like this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/593120743

I have always loved that set of rollmarks.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    New Sub-Forum setup for the Newsletters...

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...56-Newsletters
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gun Education with Grant Timberlake:
    "Springfield Armory® SAINT™ and My Experience."

In the middle of October, Springfield Armory held a media event in Las Vegas. They flew gun writers, bloggers, competition shooters, and LE/Mil Firearms instructors out to review their new product, The Saint.
    Luckily my game plan paid off and I shot the fastest time of the group at 61.99 seconds. Thank you very much, Springfield Armory for my free Saint!
    In this episode of the newsletter, Mr. Timberlake recalls his recent experience with release of the Springfield Armory Saint.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789