Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2014 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    [QUOTE=SMGLee;1838741]
    Crye Precision Shotgun???? that was the reaction I got from everyone that asked me what I thought was interesting at SHOT

My first thought was the "cylinder gap gas" would be a bitch on the side of your face, but I think that's what the video was addressing.

But, in this configuration are you using the rotating cylinder as a cheek weld?

Maybe I am just not visualizing it correctly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wow am I the only one who is questioning the practicality of this new shot gun. I am not a fan of any under barrel shoty. I bet that thing makes your weapon so unwieldy. Does anyone remember the xm26 and what a disaster that was (not to say this will be like the xm26). I think they are creating a solution for a problem that is a minor issue at best.

With proper TNG, TTP's and SOP's there is no problem running a secondary breaching shotgun. We always ran TL's as breachers as we did not want the TL being number one through the door anyway. Ill keep my nimble breaching 870 and crye can keep this. Does anyone know how much it weighs in both configs? ballistic breaching really not an issue in T1 units as every shooter is equally capable of breaching and going through the door first (unless the shooter is equipped with a open bolt or sniper weapon). So I wonder who was the driving force behind the development of this weapon.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Agreed on points above.

I'm not from Regiment, but even the handful of times I've ballistic breached, we had the shotgun on the TLs back and the breacher took it off and did his thing. Couldn't imagine running an underbarrel shotgun or a standalone of that size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    Wow am I the only one who is questioning the practicality of this new shot gun. I am not a fan of any under barrel shoty. I bet that thing makes your weapon so unwieldy. Does anyone remember the xm26 and what a disaster that was (not to say this will be like the xm26). I think they are creating a solution for a problem that is a minor issue at best.

With proper TNG, TTP's and SOP's there is no problem running a secondary breaching shotgun. We always ran TL's as breachers as we did not want the TL being number one through the door anyway. Ill keep my nimble breaching 870 and crye can keep this. Does anyone know how much it weighs in both configs? ballistic breaching really not an issue in T1 units as every shooter is equally capable of breaching and going through the door first (unless the shooter is equipped with a open bolt or sniper weapon). So I wonder who was the driving force behind the development of this weapon.
    Calab Crye drove the idea, but overall weigth was sufficantly lighter than the older XM26. how it would operate under condition would be beyond my civilian capability...

Feedback Score
    ballistic breaching really not an issue in T1 units as every shooter is equally capable of breaching and going through the door first (unless the shooter is equipped with a open bolt or sniper weapon). So I wonder who was the driving force behind the development of this weapon.
    They seemed to have an eye on law enforcement market.

Feedback Score

We ran us SAW gunners as the breachers. Was dumb dumb dumb. Already carrying 600rds of 5.56, SAW, M9, and pyro....oh lets give him the shotgun too.

Feedback Score
    Very cool. I'm a fan of that shotgun. I'd like here and see more on that puppy. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    There are so many options on the market that we don't want to be wedded to any single one, so we put on a simple, inexpensive, readily replaced option. The A2 grip is kinda like sights on a Glock.
    Imagine it as a sign that says "grip goes here".
    Wouldn't it be useful in a less lethal role?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Desert Tech(Formerly Desert Tactical) @ SHOT2014 by SMGLee

Another cool find at SHOT this year was the Desert Tech's new bullpup carbine. well thought out and with the new ejection port design eliminates the bullpup's shortfall of strong side only shooting style. also with the magazine button moved to front of the trigger and a very quick access bolt release..this is very promising.

One Chassis multiple caliber, this is the 5.56 carbine with a magazine block...also visible is the large and easily accible bolt release. you can quickly release the bolt as you insert and lock in the magazine.

Another shot of the bolt release.

Forward location of the magazione release.

non reciprocating charging handle and it can be mounted left or right side.

Feedback Score
    Was about to buy a Tavor and then I saw pictures of this from Shot.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast