Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Even a cross reference chart would be extremely handy.

Like the rest of you, I've been pondering a .308 AR platform, but come to a screeching halt because of all the "Proprietary" components on the uppers, and lowers.

DPMS now has a Gen II out (ironically appears to be a front runner - Tier I rifle, given that their 5.56 rifles are considered crap) which IIRC is incompatible with their Gen I - kind of stirs the confusion pot a little.

I think that we can agree that we want to see a standardized universal spec for the LPK, FCG, BCG, Charging handle, Barrel nut thread, Barrel Extension, and Mags. Rail compatibility comes down to low profile or high profile. At least they all use the same RE.

I suspect a lot of this comes down to the Mil does not have an AR-308 that they use - ergo no basic Mil Spec to go by from the manufacturer aspect, and gods forbid the top manufacturer's R&D departments get together and come to an agreement.
    Last edited by Sticks; 11-02-14 at 07:44.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep