Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Colt MK18 / CQBR SOPMOD Block II Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke2424 View Post
    That spreadsheet hurts me lol............ Now the question is: would you do it again?
    Yeah. It's a tough one. You can shave 5 grand off without the Elcan, SF can, and PEQaroo!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. It's a tough one. You can shave 5 grand off without the Elcan, SF can, and PEQaroo!
    That's the beauty of this style of build. You can be totally clone-correct at around $2500 and add parts/accessories as your budget/needs allow.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I love everything about this thread. And will make me covet my inbound mk18 upper even more.

Feedback Score
    Where are your tie-downs?

Just start pushin.

Nice build. All joking aside, I feel that the black SOPMOD is definitely the more commonly issued stock. I don't believe I've ever actually seen a toupe one in the wild (not saying they don't exist). From what I have seen, they are usually black or painted. I feel that the tan stock mostly came about as a builder's option, trying to balance the color of the rifle a little more without the rattle-can. We also generally get stuck with the Matech rear sight, who knows why.

Looks great. You obviously spared no expense, and the QR code is a nice touch.
    When asked a few days later by his superior what he was going to do once he was out of the plane without a parachute, Frank MacAlyster replied…

"One problem at a time sarge, one problem at a time..."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Where are your tie-downs?

Just start pushin.

Nice build. All joking aside, I feel that the black SOPMOD is definitely the more commonly issued stock. I don't believe I've ever actually seen a toupe one in the wild (not saying they don't exist). From what I have seen, they are usually black or painted. I feel that the tan stock mostly came about as a builder's option, trying to balance the color of the rifle a little more without the rattle-can. We also generally get stuck with the Matech rear sight, who knows why.

Looks great. You obviously spared no expense, and the QR code is a nice touch.
    Thanks for the feedback on the stock. I have a black gen 1 LMT Enhanced SOPMOD that I usually run on it and I should probably retake the pics with that stock installed as it is more true to the original. I think I am going to wait on the PEQ-15 to arrive from TNVC before I do any more glamour shots.

Feedback Score
    Great looking build.

Feedback Score
    I went simple/cheapish on my SBR/MK18 Clone, no peq,elcan etc, you went full go, no bs, very impressed , well done!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PFran42 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the stock. I have a black gen 1 LMT Enhanced SOPMOD that I usually run on it and I should probably retake the pics with that stock installed as it is more true to the original. I think I am going to wait on the PEQ-15 to arrive from TNVC before I do any more glamour shots.
    I thought you already had a PEQ box?
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    I thought you already had a PEQ box?
    I had the VIS model when I took the pictures. TNVC announced their new C model shortly after so I sold the VIS and ordered the C.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finally received my new PEQ-15 from TNVC (which replaced my PEQ-15 VIS).

Sorry about the quality of the photo. I'll update this thread later when I get the good camera out.

Last edited by PFran42; 12-23-14 at 09:22.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast