Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti carrier tilt buffer assemblies are available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Harness View Post
    You got it, are you showing any tilt wear/gouging etc... on that gun?
    Shoot me an E-mail if you'd like.

Thanks,
    Ya....but not enough to be really concerned. I have less in my LWRC piston guns (5.56 and 6.8) but I want the anti-tilt buffers JIC.

After taking a tour of the POF factory the other day with Frank....I'm convinced the wear I'm getting is not really an issue of concern. There is no sign on any of my piston guns of the wear on the inside of the upper receiver........if that were the case, I'd be worried. I look at your buffer as possible extra insurance.

The carrier key on the POF (and from what I can tell, the new LMT piston) is moved farther back to help alleviate tilt and I think that's probably enough to take care of the issue overall.

Sean

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean King View Post
    I want the anti-tilt buffers JIC.
    I talked to the ion bond company my self a few days ago, they've got the parts now and I should be seeing them soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Harness View Post
    I talked to the ion bond company my self a few days ago, they've got the parts now and I should be seeing them soon.
    Cool. Looking forward to hearing your test results.

Sean

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update.
    Keep us in the loop.
    John

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jvg04 View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    Keep us in the loop.
    John

No problem John,
    More to follow soon...

Feedback Score
    I got my coated Gen2 prototypes back from Ion-Bond last week, they were sent out to be tested right away. They look very cool, pitch black with a grey urethane buffer hangin out the back, very nice... I'll post pics when the time is right.

Thanks,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Seth,

Are you ready to start shipping or what? C'mon man you owe it to yourself.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Seth,

Are you ready to start shipping or what? C'mon man you owe it to yourself.
    These are the 2nd Generation anti tilt buffers, they gotta be tested dude. I sent them out last week to be tested and hope to hear back soon. If I ship out a buffer design that hasnt been tested yet, I think that could potentially be bad on my part. I have every reason to think that this buffer design and spring will work, as it has worked for me and one other person with low round counts. So anyway, sorry for any inconvenience, I hope you understand...

Thanks Iraqguns,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    Hi Seth,
    How about a post, which sums up the entire description of your buffer assembly, it's purpose, it's projected advantages offered, etc, etc?
    I will try to read back over this 7 page thread and piece together some info when I have time, but in the meantime, do you have a particular post that describes the buffer assembly, somewhere online?
    Thanks.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Hi Seth,
    How about a post, which sums up the entire description of your buffer assembly, it's purpose, it's projected advantages offered, etc, etc?
    I will try to read back over this 7 page thread and piece together some info when I have time, but in the meantime, do you have a particular post that describes the buffer assembly, somewhere online?
    Thanks.
    The original post sums it up mostly, I have made a couple changes to the original design though and those have been labled "Gen2". I will post pictures of the Gen2's when the time is right, each post along the way has been to keep those interested up to date on the progress.
    Its called the anti (carrier) tilt buffer assembly, it keeps the carrier from tilting by holding the back of the carrier centered in the LRE/buffer tube through its motions of recoil and battery, in piston guns or DI guns for that matter. Im not saying that DI carriers tilt as bad as they do in piston guns, Im just saying it will work in those guns as well. Irregular or premature parts wear and potential breakage, due to carrier tilt, is negated. I am seeing a 90% reduction in tilt in my gun, needless to say, its working quite well. Its working without a hitch for the guys testing for me also.
    If that doesnt answer your question Id be glad to elaborate, as far as I can.

Thanks Paul,
    Seth H.
    Last edited by Seth Harness; 02-06-09 at 09:22.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast