Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti carrier tilt buffer assemblies are available.

Feedback Score
    I got my die springs from Superior Shooting Supply yesterday in the mail. These babies are harder to compress than a typical mil-spec spring, Not real bad though. Now all I need are my parts back from Ion-Bond.
    More to follow, soon hopefully....
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    I just got back from the range a little while ago, everything worked fine with the new spring. It was snowin' like crazy so I only got 60 rounds through it and gave up.
    I was told by Superior Shooting Systems that if the spring was to strong, to go ahead and cut loops off until it worked OK. It shot fine for me without cutting any off, but when I got home from the range I cut 4 loops off of it. The reason I did that is because he told me the springs were designed with military ammo in mind, the strong stuff. He said that cutting the spring is rocommended if the gun short strokes or has trouble cycling. I know the ammo Im using isnt mil-spec and why my gun didnt short stroke, I dony know, but since the spring is designed to be cut to work if your not running mil-spec ammo, I went ahead and cut it.
    So, 60 rounds no failures no issues.
    Also, the spring cut fairly easy with a pare of klein lineman pliars.

See ya,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    I hope it works as well with the cut spring.
    Last edited by jtb0311; 12-17-08 at 00:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb0311 View Post
    I hope it works as well with the cut spring.
    Im sure it will, Like everything else involved in this though, the testing will tell all. Like I said though, I was told specifically by Superior Shooting Systems that there is an adjustment on the springs and the adjustment is to cut them if there is a problem, The reason it is common to cut them is because of the higher powered/pressure ammo that isnt as prevalent in the commercial market as it is a standard to the US Military, Which is what the spring was designed after.
    This is what I was told, I was also told it was OK to tell potential customers/consumers this information.
    BTW- I love the springs, a little more complicated to put in but worth the benefits.

Thanks man,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Harness View Post
    Im sure it will, Like everything else involved in this though, the testing will tell all. Like I said though, I was told specifically by Superior Shooting Systems that there is an adjustment on the springs and the adjustment is to cut them if there is a problem, The reason it is common to cut them is because of the higher powered/pressure ammo that isnt as prevalent in the commercial market as it is a standard to the US Military, Which is what the spring was designed after.
    This is what I was told, I was also told it was OK to tell potential customers/consumers this information.
    BTW- I love the springs, a little more complicated to put in but worth the benefits.

Thanks man,
    Seth H.

Seth,
    Maybe I missed it (although I've paid fairly close attention to this thread as I want 2 of them!) but WHY is it necessary to have a special recoil spring? How will it affect the choice of a standard, H2, or H3 buffer?

Thanks, and eagerly awaiting.......!!!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Seth,
    Maybe I missed it (although I've paid fairly close attention to this thread as I want 2 of them!) but WHY is it necessary to have a special recoil spring? How will it affect the choice of a standard, H2, or H3 buffer?

Thanks, and eagerly awaiting.......!!!

ABNAK,
    Thanks again for your interest.
    The collapsed length of these spings is more condusive to the workings of the Anti Tilt Buffer.
    The length of a conventional/standard buffer spring fully collapsed is too long, something like 2 5/8".
    The length of the die spring from Superior Shooting Systems is something like 1 5/8" (thanks to the "flat wire" construction). The extra space is needed, not the full 1", but the Gen2 design of the Anti Tilt Buffer needs a little more space than what the standard buffer spring will allow. You'll see, when I get them back from Ion-Bond, I'll post pics of them so you can see what and why these springs are necessary.

Thanks again man,
    Seth H.
    Last edited by Seth Harness; 12-18-08 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    Hey Seth,
    How are things coming ?
    I guess it'll be a blue christmas without my anti tilt carrier buffer.
    jvg04

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jvg04 View Post
    Hey Seth,
    How are things coming ?
    I guess it'll be a blue christmas without my anti tilt carrier buffer.
    jvg04

Yes sir, blue indeed.
    Blue for me also, Ive been waiting a rediculous amount of time for these parts to get Ion-Bonded. When these finally come back I'll be going somewhere else for the Ion-Bonding, or at least using a different middle man. Very disappointing, sorry man I've done all I can do on my end all I can do is STILL WAIT. Just thinking about it gets me fired up, oh well all you can do is learn from your mistakes.

Thanks man,
    Seth H.

Feedback Score
    Seth, put me on your list.

I'll be buying one for my LMT.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billybronco View Post
    Seth, put me on your list.

I'll be buying one for my LMT.

Thanks

Seth, if you got a list go ahead and stick me on it too.

Merry Christmas

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast